Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:48 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
How does everyone feel about it getting dark so early at night? 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Intern

Post How does everyone feel about it getting dark so early at night?
I don't know about all of you but I hate when it gets dark so early at night!!!!!!! we have to cook in the dark, come home from work in the dark and after dinner it is too dark to take a nice walk and see all the fall foliage. The only thing I like about today is that we get/got an extra hour to sleep. I live in Pennsylvania and the foliage here with all of its bright glory is what makes the fall so special. I hope to hear from others of you and how you feel about this change the clocks!

Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:37 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
One more post ought to do it.

Gold Contributor

Post Re: HOW DOES EVERYONE FEEL ABOUT IT GETTING DARK SO EARLY AT NIGHT???
Quote:
Phillies wrote:

I don't know about all of you but I hate when it gets dark so early at night!!!!!!! we have to cook in the dark, come home from work in the dark and after dinner it is too dark to take a nice walk and see all the fall foliage. The only thing I like about today is that we get/got an extra hour to sleep. I live in Pennsylvania and the foliage here with all of its bright glory is what makes the fall so special. I hope to hear from others of you and how you feel about this change the clocks!

Do you know, I thought it was only us, in the UK, who changed the clocks. And I thought we only did it to annoy the French!!! :D

We are having a very pretty Autumn here. All the foliage is very yellow this year and that is because we had a very dry summer, they say.

They think that this might be the last year when we put the clocks back. We will probably stay with British Summertime after this year, so I am told. Then, behold, we will be in line with the rest of Europe.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:10 pm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Intern

Post Re: HOW DOES EVERYONE FEEL ABOUT IT GETTING DARK SO EARLY AT NIGHT???
phillies4evr wrote:

I wish that it would stay lighter all year. It is a known fact that when people are in darkness, they are more likely to get depressed. I love the weather just the way it is right now and wish this type of weather was the weather we would get in the wintertime.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:32 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Kindle Fanatic

Post Re: How does everyone feel about it getting dark so early at night?
It's really weird. Like I ate dinner and showered and did homework earlier today. I'll get over it though. :lol:

Shelfari!

Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:59 pm
Profile Email YIM
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Book Nut

Bronze Contributor

Well, I used to hate it a lot more when I was younger and my mother made the rule of coming back inside once the sun set. Winter was a hated season for me in my youth because of that.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:11 am
Getting Comfortable

Yeaa I hate how dark it gets so early as well. Makes me feel like I already wasted my whole day even though its only 5PM

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:33 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.