• In total there are 23 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 23 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The Inkworld Trilogy

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

The Inkworld Trilogy

Unread post

Well, I'm not 100% sure whether to post this here on in fantasy, but the series is marketed as a children/young adults' fantasy series... You can see my dilemma. :lol:

Just wondering if anybody liked the Inkworld books by Cornelia Funke.. In order, they are "Inkheart," "Inkspell," and "Inkdeath." It's about a man who can read characters out of books, and one day he releases a bunch of characters from the book "Inkheart," mostly villains. There are other people who can do it as well, including a stammerer and his daughter, Meggie. It's definitely a series for book lovers.

The first book is my favorite, and "Inkspell" is the saddest. The plot is good, the characters are dynamic (well, except the villains, but that's to be expected I suppose). So, what's your opinion? :mrgreen:
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
MelissaRose
Official Newbie!

Re: The Inkworld Trilogy

Unread post

I'm currently reading the first book. I really enjoy it so far and I was lucky enough to pick it up at goodwill for only 30 cents as a paperback. I also got the second book there, too. Even though I tend to like the books more than the movie, I do want to see the film version!
NY152
Upwardly Mobile

Re: The Inkworld Trilogy

Unread post

I love those series. The first is my all time fav. Um, MelissaRose, I would actually read the book first, then watch the movie. I saw the movie and if you haven't read the book, then you won't exactly know what is going on in the movie. This movie is like you NEED to read it first to actually get the movie.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”