• In total there are 17 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 17 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

The Top 500 Poems: 300-201

A platform to express and share your enthusiasm and passion for poetry. What are your treasured poems and poets? Don't hesitate to showcase the poems you've penned yourself!
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
froglipz

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant
United States of America

Re: The Top 500 Poems: 300-201

Unread post

The language evokes pictures, bloody, awful pictures, and I feel a little ill at the thought of the mothers rolled down the rocks with babes in arms... a couple of dings for the skillful imagery, but I do not like this one at all.

...so the next poem starts the new thread
~froglipz~

"I'm not insane, my mother had me tested"

Si vis pacem, para bellum: If you wish for peace, prepare for war.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

Well, I give the massacre poem, 4 dings for aptitude.

Not nice, but expressive, because who says everything must be comforting?

Giselle wrote:-
don't you think it could make a good pub name .. the Albert & Lion ... I like the gritty humour and the grittiness of the Burns poem too.Somehow I associate the north of England and Scotland with this sirt of grittiness. I'm not sure about the 'brain dead raising kids' thing, although it sonds like an interesting group. I always found raising kids to have its challenges especially on the creative front. But I do understand that these challenges might not be characterized as 'intellectual' in nature, and parents often need some adult thoughts and conversation.
Yes, 'Albert and the Lion' would make an excellent pub name, except that many of our pubs are closing due to more than one current, economic circumstance.

And...it is lovely raising kids, and I can now add, raising grand-kids....but we do need something to stimulate our brain cells. It is so lovely on here (Booktalk), for instance, that I am 'Penelope' and not Norman's wife, or Emma, Jason or Daniel's Mum, or even Isaac's Grandma. It is life-enhancing to be a person, Penelope, in my own right. And....Thank You!!! :)
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Unread post

Penelope wrote: . . . It is so lovely on here (Booktalk), for instance, that I am 'Penelope' and not Norman's wife, or Emma, Jason or Daniel's Mum, or even Isaac's Grandma. It is life-enhancing to be a person, Penelope, in my own right. And....Thank You!!! :)
So it's Emma -- as it happens, a favorite name of mine.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

Emma, is my daughter, named after Emma Hamilton - Nelson's girlfriend, who came from near here...just up the Wirral peninusla. She was so beautiful and all of the artists wanted to paint her.....

Emma Hamilton's beauty didn't date....she still looks gorgeous to our eyes in this day and age.

PS - And MY Emma isn't so dusty either...as far as appearance goes...but she's not so interested in her appearance...which is part of her attraction. :wink:
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Unread post

Penelope wrote:Emma, is my daughter, named after Emma Hamilton - Nelson's girlfriend, who came from near here...just up the Wirral peninusla. She was so beautiful and all of the artists wanted to paint her.....

Emma Hamilton's beauty didn't date....she still looks gorgeous to our eyes in this day and age.

PS - And MY Emma isn't so dusty either...as far as appearance goes...but she's not so interested in her appearance...which is part of her attraction. :wink:
Oops, I misread your post -- three kids for you. Three for me too: Kathleen, Meg, & Sara (in order of arrival). Their dad is of Irish heritage -- guess who picked the first two daughter's names?!

Return to “A Passion for Poetry”