• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

What is your favorite baseball team?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
phillies4evr
Intern

What is your favorite baseball team?

Unread post

as you can see by my screen name, I am one of the biggest Phillies fans. They are now in game six to win the National League Pennant. I swear these games are going to put me into cardiac arrest so, i already called the hospital to have my bed waiting. LOL!!! these are my boys of Summer and are also known as the comeback kids! I hope and pray they can pull this series out so I can go to Modell's sporting goods early Monday morning to buy my National League winners shirt.

Let me know who your favorite teams are and why? Just remember the Phillies have the best record in baseball this summer.
phillies4evr
Intern

Re: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BASEBALL TEAM????????

Unread post

well, my team, the Philadelphia Phillies, are no longer in the race for the World Series. I would like to say that I am depressed over it but, no matter what, I will always love my ' boys of Summer' and I am so proud of them for winning the National League East for the fourth year in a row! That's nothing to sneeze at. Well, only four more months till spring training!
seespotrun2008

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Graduate Student

Re: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BASEBALL TEAM????????

Unread post

Not a sports fan.
phillies4evr
Intern

Re: What is your favorite baseball team?

Unread post

What? Baseball is the biggest American past time. Everyone is entitled to their own things, but I am and always will be a huge Phillies fan no matter where in the country I live. I now live outside of Philadelphia but someday I hope to make California my home, and when I do, I will always root for the team I have supported my entire life!
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

Well, I’ll be cheering for the Rangers during the World Series. Shame, shame, Phillies never should have let Cliff Lee go! So actually, I’ll be cheering for Cliff Lee! We can only hope the Phills don’t make the same mistake with Werth.
phillies4evr
Intern

Unread post

Suzanne....... I do agree on one thing; we never should've let Cliff Lee go but we have the two Roy's and Hamels and Cliff Lee can only pitch every few games so unless your starters are better than ours well, we'll just see where the ball bounces so to speak LOL. The Phillies got two great pitchers this year in exchange for one great pitcher! And how many teams can say that they won their division four times in a row. Not only that, we won the World Series two years ago and made it into the World Series just last year. Just some food for thought!
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

Don't get me wrong, I'm eating the food you're laying out. I remember fondly the 1981 series win! Woot! Day off from school! I was prepared to get out my families T shirts from the 2008 win, what a bummer! Now I have to get used to Phillies deprivation. :(

But I still want to see Cliff Lee do well! I rooted for him last year, I'll root for him again.
phillies4evr
Intern

Unread post

Two years aqo......our kids had off from school, the big parade, etc....so, yeah it was time to hand over the title to someone else........the yankees didn't make it either.........i am now rooting for the rangers cause the giants shut us down!!!!!! i'm a good sport that way!!!!!!
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

If I had to give my favorite baseball team, it would have to be the 1967 Red Sox, which dates me pretty well, doesn't it? Jim Lonborg, Rico Petrocelli, Tony Conigliaro, Ken Harrelson (the Hawk), Jose Santiago, and of course Carl Yastrzemski, the last winner in the majors of the Triple Crown--just a few of the luminaries on that team, which tragically lost the Series in 7 games to the great Bob Gibson and the Cardinals.

I don't want to take away from anybody's fun, but that's the way I see teams in professional sports, as temporary assemblages of players. For a long time after 1967, I followed and rooted for the Red Sox, but I had moved out of New England and it was no longer a local thing for me. When the Sox finally won the WS in 2004, I was glad but no so ecstatic, and then when some players left it just seemed to me that it no longer made sense to root for a mere geographic location. But I admit it can be fun as well as unifying to talk with people in the community about "the team." So now I'm teamless and somewhat turned off by professional sports in general. I looked last night at ticket prices for the Washington Wizards (basketball) and found the cheapest seats available for a December game were $80. That's not right.
Last edited by DWill on Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
NY152
Upwardly Mobile

Unread post

The huggest Cubs fan. I know, a CUBS FAN?!? But, that's just it. I am in love with the Cubs. I lived in Chicago for a few years, and just fell in love with the Cubs. I know that we have not been in the World Series in over 100 years, but I still love them.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”