• In total there are 47 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 47 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Dark Tower film adaptation news

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Dark Tower film adaptation news

Unread post

Rumor has it that Ron Howard and partner are working on a deal to bring us a dark tower movie trillogy... and a television series.

One big epic movie, followed by a season of the television series starring the same characters, using the same sets, and production crew, followed by another movie, another season of the show, and then the final movie.

audacious...

this will be a lot of work, but sign me up.

http://io9.com/5633554/ron-howard-and-a ... and-movies
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Re: Dark Tower film adaptation news

Unread post

only 4 views so far...

nobody cares about Stephen King's Dark Tower series?

Huh...
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

Oh, so I can see the movie and forget about reading the books?

Did you read the series Johnson? I recently read, "Black House", King and Straub and it metioned the dark tower and the main character was the same. Were the "Dark Tower" books before or after "Black House"?

It's been a long time since I read a King book, it will be a long time before I read another one. But after reading, "Black House", yeah, I think I'll go see the movie. Thanks for the heads up.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

Even with all the coverage promised in this production, they can't possibly hit all the major beats.

Too many inter-connections with all his other works. The production rights to those are spread all over hollywood, and i don't see how they can get away with making reference to Desperation, IT, The Stand, Salem's Lot, Black House, Insomnia, The Mist, and a dozen other books.

King started on the Dark Tower books when he was 19, maybe the first thing he was serious about writing. Unfortunately, the first book in the series, The Gunslinger, shows this, and can be tedious to read at times. My Suggestion would be to start with the second book, The Drawing of the Three, and go from there. Once you are interested in the characters, you can slog through that first book, if you want, but you won't really be missing anything until the end of the series, when things that happened in the first book come back to haunt.

If you are in to epic stories, i would definitely recommend.

Also, if you liked Black House, you should read the pre-cursor, The Talisman. Written in the same way, but handled better, i think.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”