• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

New Republican Ad - video

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Re: New Republican Ad - video

Unread post

geo wrote:I just lost my post due to the ongoing ridiculous bug that makes this sytem unable to keep me logged in. I give up.
I'll try this again.

I think we tend to endow our current president with much more power than he actually has. Our country has been on a drunken sailor spending spree for decades and it has very little to do with the current president. Our country is a big, lumbering ship and the current president may want to turn it around, but he has many obstacles even before he can get to the pilothouse. Special interests, and entrenched, corrupt politicians who are only seeking to be re-eelected. The system is broken. Our politicians encourage an us-vs-them attitude pitting conservatives against liberals. But we the people should turn this into an us-vs-them, meaning us--the voters--against the damned do-nothing politicians. This bickering about Republicans and Democrats does nothing because the problem is the whole system.

Case in point. check out this article about Alaska, which is number one in pork-belly spending.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/19/busin ... ml?_r=1&hp
-Geo
Question everything
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
United States of America

Unread post

FakeGeo wrote:Too bad, geo. Quit whining.

(This is a test)
Shut up, jerk!
-Geo
Question everything
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

It is not productive to respond to FakeGeo... judging from the name, and the content of that post.

Ignore it. I plan to do the same.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
United States of America

Unread post

I should explain FakeGeo.

I have had problems with BookTalk for about six months with it logging me out. I log in and start typing a post and hit post and it will take me to the log-in screen. I lose the post. It can be very frustrating. I have always suspected that my account may have some weird glitch going on. so this morning, after losing a post, I created the FakeGeo account to test my theory. Alas, the glitch affects FakeGeo as well. You won't hear from Fake Geo again.

My telling Fake Geo to shut up was another glitch . . . in my brain. Just plain silliness and lack of coffee.
-Geo
Question everything
seespotrun2008

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Graduate Student

Unread post

And Obama's spending makes sense?
Is there something I am missing? Does this graph say what the spending is for? Wouldn't that be important?
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
United States of America

Unread post

seespotrun2008 wrote:
And Obama's spending makes sense?
Is there something I am missing? Does this graph say what the spending is for? Wouldn't that be important?
Obama brought deficit spending to new levels in an attempt to save our economy. Rescuing Wall Street and the auto industry was only possible though a vast infusion of borrowed money. In Obama's defense, the Republicans would probably have done the same thing.
-Geo
Question everything
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I agree with Geo. The whole damn system irritates me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AG0ddWf9TQ
seespotrun2008

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Graduate Student

Unread post

Obama brought deficit spending to new levels in an attempt to save our economy. Rescuing Wall Street and the auto industry was only possible though a vast infusion of borrowed money. In Obama's defense, the Republicans would probably have done the same thing.
But that is the point. The graph does not say that. It does not say anything. It does not seem to analyze the situation at all. I was thinking, maybe there is an article I am missing.
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

FakeGeo may have a point that I think we need to explore a little further and possibly elaborate on. I suggest we create a team. Any volunteers?
seespotrun2008

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Graduate Student

Unread post

FakeGeo may have a point that I think we need to explore a little further and possibly elaborate on. I suggest we create a team. Any volunteers?
FakeGeo did not say a lot unless you are talking about the real Geo. Are you being facetious?

Return to “Current Events & History”