• In total there are 52 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 51 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Sceintific-evidence of god

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finds books under furniture

Re: Scientific Evidence of God?

Unread post

Why did you repeat a post entirely of quotes with no new comment to add to it? That is called spamming and/or trolling, and could get you banned from the site if you continue.

If you know God exists, can you show us this "scientific evidence" of His presence? Not other people's experiences and stories, but actual physical evidence to support any such claim? Don't point me toward another book, because that proves nothing except that someone wrote something down and found someone willing to publish it. What proof is there that your God exists, beyond what you think in your head? My money is on "none."

This also doesn't mean I'm not allowed to state my opinion about the topic you've started. Believers and non-believers alike are allowed to post their opinions in any topic on this forum, as you would know if you had read the rules before posting. Don't assume that every discussion you have will only involve those who agree with you. You'll end up talking to yourself. You should also be less judgmental and more open-minded - the atheists here are good people and intelligent and good discussion companions. You shouldn't write them off because they don't agree with you. That would be childish and stupid, and I highly advise against it.

Those are my two cents. I wonder what everyone else has?
JohnMcAdam
No End in Sight

Unread post

bleachededen wrote:Why did you repeat a post entirely of quotes with no new comment to add to it? That is called spamming and/or trolling, and could get you banned from the site if you continue.

If you know God exists, can you show us this "scientific evidence" of His presence? Not other people's experiences and stories, but actual physical evidence to support any such claim? Don't point me toward another book, because that proves nothing except that someone wrote something down and found someone willing to publish it. What proof is there that your God exists, beyond what you think in your head? My money is on "none."

This also doesn't mean I'm not allowed to state my opinion about the topic you've started. Believers and non-believers alike are allowed to post their opinions in any topic on this forum, as you would know if you had read the rules before posting. Don't assume that every discussion you have will only involve those who agree with you. You'll end up talking to yourself. You should also be less judgmental and more open-minded - the atheists here are good people and intelligent and good discussion companions. You shouldn't write them off because they don't agree with you. That would be childish and stupid, and I highly advise against it.

Those are my two cents. I wonder what everyone else has?
Dunno why my computer did that, sir. It was not by my own actions, let me tell you!

As for showing you physical evidence, that is a ridiculous question (respectively). You can't measure spirituality with physics. It's like asking me to measure water while in space...

You seem to have an extremely negative view towards me when all I stated was that there was a proper forum to post one's beliefs of atheism. I accept that you have an opinion. That is fine. But when I asked people to post any of their stories of meetings or happenings with God or the spirit guides (angels), someone posts "There is no God", which totally diverts the purpose of the question.

As for my own proof, I have had a few experiences that have made me believe there is an afterlife. The reason I point to the authors above is because they have made it their life's work to find the afterlife (or evidence of), and they have done it. Don't shun these books away and say that I personally must come up with a magic solution. If you really wanted to know, you would look into these books. If you really do want to know now, go look at these books.

As for touchable evidence, I cannot give you any, but then again I shouldn't be able to. I can't touch something spiritual. But I can experience it. Giving you physical proof and giving you proof of the afterlife and God are two different things completely.
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finds books under furniture

Unread post

Sir? Check the little pink female sign under my username, buddy. I'm no sir.

Your title says "Scientific Evidence for God," and yet here you are, refusing to show scientific evidence. Do you even know what that means? People's experiences and beliefs are not scientific or evidence of any kind. If you wanted your thread to be "What is your experience with God," you should have named it so. Don't try to pretend you want to talk about science when you don't even know what it is.
John McAdam wrote:As for touchable evidence, I cannot give you any, but then again I shouldn't be able to. I can't touch something spiritual. But I can experience it. Giving you physical proof and giving you proof of the afterlife and God are two different things completely.
No, they are not. If you have "scientific evidence" for God's existence, you would have proof. Since you admittedly have no proof, your statement/topic is invalid. Please admit this, change the title, and move on so you can have the discussion you really want and you will avoid making a fool of yourself by thinking your experiences are proof of anything other than what you experience. Your experience isn't proof of God. There is no "proof" of God. Take my advice. Change the title and the premise, and discuss your heavenly experiences all you want with people who care. Otherwise you're going to have the same argument with different people every single day.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

I think it is unlikely that religion is the result of alien encounters.

Some point to huge constructions, such as the pyramids, as proof that aliens had to be involved in out history. But why?

"There is no way primitive humans could have built the pyramids."

"Why not?"

"Because it would have taken an army of people, working round-the clock, cutting huge stones out of far off quarries and moving them pain-stakingly over logs and building mud ramps to reach the summits."

"Well, that sounds like a pretty good plan. I bet they did exactly that."

Usually, when you ask a person why building these things is impossible, they give you a pretty good plan on how to accomplish just that, with primitive means.

Gods are fictional characters who are run through plays designed to import some moral lesson. Or, sometimes, just for entertainment.

They were the ancient world's comic book superheros.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
JohnMcAdam
No End in Sight

Unread post

johnson1010 wrote:I think it is unlikely that religion is the result of alien encounters.

Some point to huge constructions, such as the pyramids, as proof that aliens had to be involved in out history. But why?

"There is no way primitive humans could have built the pyramids."

"Why not?"

"Because it would have taken an army of people, working round-the clock, cutting huge stones out of far off quarries and moving them pain-stakingly over logs and building mud ramps to reach the summits."

"Well, that sounds like a pretty good plan. I bet they did exactly that."

Usually, when you ask a person why building these things is impossible, they give you a pretty good plan on how to accomplish just that, with primitive means.

Gods are fictional characters who are run through plays designed to import some moral lesson. Or, sometimes, just for entertainment.

They were the ancient world's comic book superheros.
You know, it's so funny. I say god were astronauts and everyone starts bickering about pyramids. I think I say pyramids like 3 times in my book, or something to that effect. My basis is not on pyramids but actual accounts.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

You can't measure spirituality with physics.
Parsimony undoes all your "evidence". Do some reading on what the parsimonious explanations are:

How We Believe by Michael Shermer
When Good Thinking Goes Bad by Todd Riniolo
Unweaving the Rainbow by Daniel C Dennet
A Demon Haunted World by Carl Sagan

Quantifying spirituality is a foolish notion, but as a phenomenon it can be directly attributed to physical systems as the parsimonious explanation.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

I have heard pyramids referenced when discussing possible connection between alien contact and ancient humanity.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Azrael
Masters

Unread post

Robert Tulip wrote:Hi John. Welcome to Booktalk. I agree with Star Burst that there is no evidence for the existence of divine entities. However, God talk can still be meaningful and imaginative, so please forgive Star Burst for his crotchety response. Most book talk regulars are atheist, but many have an interest in religion, as long as you don't just troll with irrational dogma.

Your ideas about extraterrestrials are really 'out there'. For a while I have suspected this is the most logical explanation for the pyramids. However, the evidence is very weak and speculative.

My crotchety response was a direct result of his "OP" which is assuming the answer. His OP clearly indicates he as already made up his mind and as assumed the answer no matter what any of the rest of us say. Secondly in an earlier post he as good as admitted he had no evidence thus the straw man argument. His intention here is clear book promotion only. Suzanne as already locked down one thread as he is posting the same garbage all over the board which is nothing more than trolling and spamming to boot! If he has scientific evidence of a Sky Fairy then post it.....if not then his claim is no more valid than the others who make the same horrific claim with nothing to back it up but a Bible and word of mouth of which neither prove anything.
JohnMcAdam
No End in Sight

Unread post

Star Burst wrote:
Robert Tulip wrote:Hi John. Welcome to Booktalk. I agree with Star Burst that there is no evidence for the existence of divine entities. However, God talk can still be meaningful and imaginative, so please forgive Star Burst for his crotchety response. Most book talk regulars are atheist, but many have an interest in religion, as long as you don't just troll with irrational dogma.

Your ideas about extraterrestrials are really 'out there'. For a while I have suspected this is the most logical explanation for the pyramids. However, the evidence is very weak and speculative.

My crotchety response was a direct result of his "OP" which is assuming the answer. His OP clearly indicates he as already made up his mind and as assumed the answer no matter what any of the rest of us say. Secondly in an earlier post he as good as admitted he had no evidence thus the straw man argument. His intention here is clear book promotion only. Suzanne as already locked down one thread as he is posting the same garbage all over the board which is nothing more than trolling and spamming to boot! If he has scientific evidence of a Sky Fairy then post it.....if not then his claim is no more valid than the others who make the same horrific claim with nothing to back it up but a Bible and word of mouth of which neither prove anything.
How can you people be so cruel? I have written a few posts that are filled with the argument that extra terrestrials and God have evidence, and everyone ignores me and tells me how much of a shit I am. What the hell guys? I am saying it because I am being ganged up on by people who would rather ignore evidence than look at it. What the hell? No one has responded to any of my pieces on the evidence, but rather just keep going around my argument saying I have nothing. What the hell?
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Re: Sceintific-evidence of god

Unread post

No one has called you a shit.

When you initiate a discussion on an international site, like BookTalk, and ask for opinions, you should realize that participants may have a different opinion from yours. A difference of opinion does not constitute a personal attack. There are three threads currently running, which you initiated, asking for opinions and experiences on aliens abductions, reincarnation, human sacrifices and the existence of extra terrestrials and the existence of God. I have read every single post written within these three threads. Again, no one has called you a shit. There have been reasonable people who have tried to responded to you in a reasonable manner and you have dismissed them. I do see frustration in some members due to a lack of willingness, on your part, to acknowledge thoughts and opinions that differ from your own. If you are going to ask, you will receive.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”