• In total there are 31 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 31 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

what is your favorite musical?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finds books under furniture

Re: what is your favorite musical?

Unread post

I've been listening to The Music Man a lot lately. Sometimes I forget that I really do like a lot of the more traditional musicals.

And hey, it beat out West Side Story for the best new musical Tony back in the '50s, so it has to be good!* :-P

*Actually, if I were judging the Tonies that year, West Side Story would have won hands down. But what can you do?
stiffanbond
Official Newbie!

Unread post

My favorite musical is not something i can really answer. I love all musicals. My favorite musicals are rent, phantom of the opera, sugar, honk, Joseph and the amazing Technicolor dreamboat.
Eunoia
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Ah, I like so many musicals such as Oliver!, Grease, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat (or dreamboat according to stiffanbond :P), Cats, The Sound of Music, The King and I, Billy Elliot, Evita, Phantom of the Opera, Annie, The Lion King, Mamma Mia!, Sister Act etc.
Genocide
Intern

Unread post

This is a very, very, veeeery hard question. It's almost mean!

I think the one's you've been in will always hold a slightly higher place in your heart than one's you've seen.... AND one bad performance can ruin a musical for a person without really giving it a chance. Oh dear. I'm going to have to go with Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Seeing different versions and performance techniques has me fully appreciating it for all of its dark humour and great music. The movie was alright, but missed out on a few of my favourite songs.

Stiffanbond, did you really enjoy Honk? I can't say that I did, same with Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor "Dreamboat". Maybe like I said, it's the performance that makes it. What did you enjoy about them? This goes out to anyone who enjoyed either of them.
Dropping glasses just to hear them break.
KristoffX
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Cannibal the Musical!
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

KristoffX wrote:Cannibal the Musical!
:lol:
Seraphim
Gaining experience

Unread post

Oh I don't even know where to start. Les Miserables is probably my number one musical. There are no words to describe how fantastic the music in that play is. Jesus Christ Superstar is a close second. I performed in it my senior year of high school, and it was the absolute best experience of my life. Kiss Me Kate, Brigadoon, L'il Abner, and The Music Man are also some others I performed in that are absolutely fabulous musicals. Pretty much any Andrew Lloyd Webber or Rogers and Hammerstein musical, I love. Rent and Wicked are also atop my list. To make a long story short...I love musicals.

When I was a kid, my life goal was to perform in Cats on Broadway. I just about died when they took it off Broadway. :cry:
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic. ~ Frank Herbert, Dune
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Seraphim wrote:When I was a kid, my life goal was to perform in Cats on Broadway. I just about died when they took it off Broadway. :cry:
I always felt that Cats leaving Broadway was a sure sign of the apocalypse. Guess I was wrong. :-P
Seraphim
Gaining experience

Unread post

bleachededen wrote: I always felt that Cats leaving Broadway was a sure sign of the apocalypse. Guess I was wrong. :-P
Don't count it out just yet. 2012 is just around the corner. Perhaps it's the warning sign that the doomsday theory is true! :shock:
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic. ~ Frank Herbert, Dune
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

:lol:

I always knew it would be Andrew Lloyd Webber who'd lead in the end of the world. :laugh2:

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”