• In total there are 34 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 34 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Another classic science fiction show cancelled before its time.

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finds books under furniture

Re: Another classic science fiction show cancelled before its time.

Unread post

theomanic wrote:But I hope that people will learn from the mistakes of the original and build toward something even better.
As much as I'd like to share your optimistic attitude, I highly doubt this will happen, especially in the case of NBC. NBC hasn't shown great decision making skills lately, and unless they've had a dramatic change in staffing, I don't think that's likely to improve anytime soon. If even Law & Order is failing them, they must be pretty desperate. Everyone likes Law & Order, and even if you don't, once you watch five minutes of an episode you're almost magnetically compelled to watch the entire thing, just to see what happens, like some kind of courtroom car wreck. You just can't help yourself - you want to get up, but you can't, and you're under it's spell until the episode ends. God help you if there's a marathon on.

I think they should take a page from Futurama and actually make a show about Hypnotoad.

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Don't hate on Everybody Loves Raymond. That show > every other sitcom about a family. :lol:

They're still putting out the heroes comics online... if anybody here reads those. The only new non-reality/non-game show type of shows are Persons Unknown and Day One. There might be others, but I don't remember.

Heroes fans might like Day One. It sounds interesting to me, and one of the producers worked for Heroes. I'm kind of afraid it'll end up like Jericho though. But I'm always up for a (post) apocalyptic show though. :lol:
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
rainbells
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

[quote="bleachededen" If even Law & Order is failing them, they must be pretty desperate. Everyone likes Law & Order, and even if you don't, once you watch five minutes of an episode you're almost magnetically compelled to watch the entire thing, just to see what happens, like some kind of courtroom car wreck. You just can't help yourself - you want to get up, but you can't, and you're under it's spell until the episode ends. God help you if there's a marathon on.

][/quote]

:lol: I wish I had a dollar for every Saturday or Sunday afternoon I have wasted glued to the stupid TV watching these marathons. You are so right, Bleachededen, you get stuck there and can't turn away. I finally went back to crocheting, just so that when I am sitting there, I don't feel the afternoon was completely wasted.
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

:lol:
Theomanic

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

I dunno, does Cougar Town count as a show about a family? Cuz that show is pretty great!

I've just started watching Caprica. It seems alright, but I'm not very interested. I've got a backlog of Dexter and a new season of True Blood coming up, so those will probably be the shows that I watch. And, of course, Bones... I love those kooky guys!
"Beware those who are always reading books" - The Genius of the Crowd, by Charles Bukowski
seespotrun2008

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Graduate Student

Unread post

Ok. I am a Law and Order addict so I liked the save law and order page on facebook. :P It has had a 20 year run though...a good long time. I still miss Jerry Orbach. :(
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Wow, that is a long time...

I think The Simpsons is getting close to that kind of length, too. I wonder when that'll be cancelled?
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

They're changing the name of Cougar Town, by the way. In case anyone has a DVR haha.

I can't really get into that show. It does have one of the actors from Heroes.. (The guy who plays the main woman's son, he was Luke on Heroes)

If Simpsons is ever cancelled, I'd probably stop watching TV out of depression or something. I don't see it being cancelled anytime soon, it makes a lot of money for Fox.

Shelfari!
Theomanic

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

They're changing the name of Cougar Town? They change the names of shows? I had no idea.... I was thinking the cougarish aspect seemed much in the background lately. IMO they should call it The Ellie Show because she is rad (and I like to think there is a striking resemblance of personality between her and I). My friend MADE me watch a random episode in the middle, and I loved it right away. I had no interest in it at all (like really, Cougar Town) but man it's hilarious! Though I sometimes wonder if it's a show put on by the LCBO (Liquor sellers) or something because they drink a lot. A lot.
"Beware those who are always reading books" - The Genius of the Crowd, by Charles Bukowski
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Yeah, I read it it a magazine.. or article. I can't remember, it was a few days ago. They're changing to so it'll appeal to a bigger audience.

Shelfari!

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”