• In total there are 13 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 13 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

VI- Heart of Darkness: the title.

#44: Feb. - Mar. 2008 (Fiction)
blalfaro
Official Newbie!

Re: VI- Heart of Darkness: the title.

Unread post

I think the africans are depressed and they are filled with anger because the europeans are treating them wrong. They are not able to expirence the good things in life. So their lifes are surrounded by darkness.
Blanca
priscilla310

Unread post

I think the title " Heart Of darkness" gives me a creepy feeling when i first saw the title. Because heart might means love and darkness can mean the dark side of human . Just like it can be a person who turns out to be bad after loving a person too deep. That is my first thought about the stroy title .
daperez2
Official Newbie!

Unread post

the first time i saw the title "heart of darkness", i thought that plenty of hearts will get broken. now when i read the book i think it means that your heart has a scar now for experiencing what really happens in africa.
famarin
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I think the books title is heart of darkness because Marlow migth have never seen anything like how the Europeans are treating the Africans and now he sees that life is not always a good life to liveand that the Africans are being treated wrong.That makes him feel that many Europeans are filled with darkness in their hearts.
luvyoohxtiff
Official Newbie!

Unread post

When i first heard about the title "Heart of the Darkness" i had soem mixed feelings. when something is dark it usually is soemthing that is sad or unhappy. It kinda reminds me fo someone suffereing. to me i think this title means someone is feeling bad from the heart, seeing someone suffering. this is tiffany from 3rd period btw
Hanna
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

i think the title has a much more deeper meaning to it. It kind of reminds me of the society we live in today.
yellow_curry
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Jasmine: Moshi Moshi! :] i believe the title of this novel has many meaning. for me, i think that the heart of darkness kind of reminds me of the center of all evil. just like the congo, it is kind of like the center or the more well known part of africa. so, thats were i got the center form. and the darkness is like the evil. so, if you put it all together, the heart of darkness is the center of all evil.
Rclx415

Unread post

It is titled Heart of Darkness because it represents the middle of the Congo jungle. Darkness is the thick, fearful jungle and Heart is the middle of the jungle, where Kurtz lived.

-Robin Licu
SFG#1
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I think that the title Heart of Darkness represents what is happening in the Congo about how they are being treated by others who go there just for wealth and using them to gather the items for them and the hearts of darkness are the hearts of the people exploiting the people of Congo.
MattLeung1121
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I think the title, Heart of Darkness, represents corruption of the people. The story takes place in Africa where the Europeans had colonized the native land. Usually when we think about a heart, we immediately think of love. Love is something that people eventually develop for one another in their life. But since their hearts are corrupt and dark, corruption and evil spread among the European people. _Matt 1st Period

Return to “Heart of Darkness - by Joseph Conrad”