• In total there are 20 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
missyannlala
Book Nut

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

Unread post

I'm curious to know opinions! About the book or movie.

I've watched the movie. I cried more than ever, it was heart breaking.
give me the rainbow!
3amd5.Royo
Getting Comfortable

Re: The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

Unread post

Hi missyannlala! I watched the movie with my boyfriend a couple months ago, and I thought the it was shot beautifully. I thought they caught the tragedy of the situation perfectly, no sparkles, they kept it to a very dark theme. It's been a couple months so I'm forgetting some of the finer details, but I remember the overall mood perfectly. I remember it having an intensely menacing undertone.
At the end of the game the queen and the pawn always go back in the same box.
-Anonymous
ruthiekb72
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Hi All, Our book club just finished reading & discussing 'The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society' which is set in the occupied island of Guernsey during WWII. Fiction but with interesting facts thrown in. Coincidentally I caught 'The Boy in the Striped Pajamas' on TV this past weekend & loved it!
missyannlala
Book Nut

Unread post

It was rather dark and eerie. I also believe that if it had been all sunshine and rainbows the theme would have been way off.
give me the rainbow!

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”