• In total there are 42 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 41 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

THE AFFLICTED GIRLS A Novel of Salem by Suzy Witten

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Suzy Witten
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

ISBN: 978-0-615-32313-8

Something terrible happened in Salem in 1692 . . . but it isn't what you think!

THE AFFLICTED GIRLS A Novel of Salem by author-researcher Suzy Witten presents a startling new theory of the Salem Village witch-hunts, which is certain to put this 300-year-old unsettled mystery to rest . . . by expertly guiding readers through The Historical Record to revelation. Part parable, part star-crossed romance, and part supernatural venture, this is an intuitive human history—and inhuman—spun with a modern twist. A controversial debut by a new Historical storyteller . . . a Walt Disney Studios Fellowship Finalist. Historical Fiction, 456 pages, A Paperback Original from Dreamwand (also available as an eBook) http://www.theafflictedgirls.com

The mystery of Salem is solved!

(The book is now available worldwide from: Amazon, barnesandnoble.com for paperback, powellsbooks or lulu for eBook, or http://www.theafflictedgirls.com for my author-signed paperback copies)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm hoping to discuss my book and research with other historical fiction fans here in the future.
Last edited by Suzy Witten on Thu May 06, 2010 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: THE AFFLICTED GIRLS A Novel of Salem by Suzy Witten

Unread post

This sounds like an excellent book.
Suzy Witten
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

I'm going to donate a book, Chris. If you have time to read it, please let me know what you think. Thanks again. Suzy
oblivion

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Likes the book better than the movie

Unread post

Sounds very interesting......I'll order a copy through Amazon.de (I hope). Suzy, what got you interested in the topic? I noticed you're into meditation. Is there any type of a connection here or did you venture off to "the place" and that is what enticed you?
Gods and spirits are parasitic--Pascal Boyer

Religion is the only force in the world that lets a person have his prejudice or hatred and feel good about it --S C Hitchcock

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it. --André Gide

Reading is a majority skill but a minority art. --Julian Barnes
Suzy Witten
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Hi Oblivion,
THE AFFLICTED GIRLS is now available on Amazon UK so it should be on Amazon DE also. To answer your question: I think my years of meditation made me intuitive with this material, and my skills in screenwriting and filmmaking gave me the ability to visualize how Salem could have happened. I may have looked at the same puzzling evidence as everyone, but only I have discovered that final "missing piece," "the smoking gun" if you will, which makes sense of it all.
Thanks for asking, Suzy
oblivion

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

:( Not yet available here on Amazon.de but I have pre-ordered. Having problems getting Bart's book as well. Maybe it takes longer.

Religion is the only force in the world that lets a person have his prejudice or hatred and feel good about it --S C Hitchcock

Suzy Witten
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Announcement from the Author: THE AFFLICTED GIRLS will soon be available free of charge to vision-impaired readers via Bookshare
Last edited by Suzy Witten on Thu May 06, 2010 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
oblivion

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Hi Suzy,
I just finished your book and wanted to let you know I enjoyed it very much. And, your "solution" :wink: makes perfect sense to me!!

Suzy Witten
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Thanks so much, Oblivion. This solution made a lot of sense to me, too, and I'm surprised the Salem historians never considered it. But maybe now with my book they will. If you have any questions about my research I'll be happy to answer them. Suzy
Suzy Witten
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

New 5 STAR Amazon Review for THE AFFLICTED GIRLS

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly Enjoyable!, January 20, 2010
By Witch Mark (USA) - See all my reviews

Having spent so much time researching the Salem Witch Trials in the past few years,it was thoroughly enjoyable to snuggle up and spend part of this snowy January in Maine reading "The Afflicted Girls," a novel by Suzy Witten. This book is written in such a way that the reader feels as if she has been drawn into the story and is experiencing the events as they happen. The fictional format gives both the author and the reader the ability to figure things out, understand the thought patterns of the characters, and tuck in all the loose ends in ways that have eluded academic historians for the past 300 years. I have often wished for the "invisible hand" that the fictional writer can use to sort and make the past understandable. This book is not history but it is storytelling at it's very best! I recommend it.

(Note: "Witch Mark" is a well-known Salem Historian)

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”