• In total there are 17 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 17 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

What is your favourite TV-show?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Re: What is your favourite TV-show?

Unread post

Here is why you should all be watching The Venture Brothers on Cartoon Network's "Adult swim" programming block.

An old-school johnny quest style family with a pedigree of super-science, CIA bodyguards and costumed nemesis go on adventures in todays world.

Henchmen 21 and 24 in service to the mighty Monarch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSQM53TSliM

The Venture Family's bodyguard and "Swedish murder machine"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHIsL2LdsAo

If you haven't fallen in love with that throw-back music, Brock's sweet Mullet, and the geek-sheik of the henchmen, then turn back now.

If you love these things, as i do, then you must seek out and purchase the Venture Brothers on DVD at once.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Adema!
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Oh geee, i like a lot of different shows by my favorite genre is sci-fi and anything supernatural. Right now I'm engrossed in:

Heroes, Stargate Universe, Sanctuary, V, Grey's Anatomy {haven't been watching the current season, it seems sucky.}, And Bones.

I really love the mentalist, the only thing is i've only seen the first ep. I've always missed it so, it's a series I totally need to rent and devour. muhahaha.
oblivion

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Likes the book better than the movie

Unread post

I really hate to admit it for fear of seeming backward, but I really enjoy the old black and white re-runs of "The Avengers". Ah, innocence!
Gods and spirits are parasitic--Pascal Boyer

Religion is the only force in the world that lets a person have his prejudice or hatred and feel good about it --S C Hitchcock

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it. --André Gide

Reading is a majority skill but a minority art. --Julian Barnes
leah_girl
Master Debater

Unread post

I agree, that HBO puts out some great shows, has anyone seen Rome? I really liked that one. Of past shows, yes, I'll admit that I love "Friends." :) Other shows that I like are Saving Grace, Sons of Anarchy, Frasier, Bones, Wipeout (it's silly, but I love it), and Band of Brothers. I include the last because it wasn't a movie, but miniseries and I really liked it. That's just the short list, I'm sure I'll think of something after I submit these answers. :)
hludwig2010
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Current favs: CSI, Criminal Minds, The Closer, Friday Night Lights, The Daily Show, The Tudors, Law & Order SVU, Law & Order
weaver
Gaining experience

Unread post

As an old fogy, my favorites are:
The Office
Daily Show
Seinfeld reruns
Mad Men (on DVD---don't get HBO)
Guilty pleasure: Dr, Phil
hludwig2010
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

leah_girl wrote:I agree, that HBO puts out some great shows, has anyone seen Rome? I really liked that one. Of past shows, yes, I'll admit that I love "Friends." :) Other shows that I like are Saving Grace, Sons of Anarchy, Frasier, Bones, Wipeout (it's silly, but I love it), and Band of Brothers. I include the last because it wasn't a movie, but miniseries and I really liked it. That's just the short list, I'm sure I'll think of something after I submit these answers. :)

Your a fan of Rome, too? I thought that was a fabulous show. I don't understand though why they only did two seasons.
bluet
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

oblivion wrote:I really hate to admit it for fear of seeming backward, but I really enjoy the old black and white re-runs of "The Avengers". Ah, innocence!
I LOVE "The Avengers"!! I wanted to be Emma Peel, and marry John Steed when I was a little girl.

My favorite TV shows would be some old ones like The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Dick Van Dyke, The Outer Limits, Murphy Brown, Star Trek TNG and Voyager. Some funky like Quantum Leap, Pushing Daisies. Good Sci Fi like SGs.

Newer ones would be House, Criminal Minds, Fringe, 30 Rock and The Office. I am interested in V to see where it goes. I watched the first version of V the first time around (that dates me, but then the Emma Peel comment did as well). And as guilty pleasures I like Survivor and Project Runway (their sewing amazes me).
PrincessCricket
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

OOOOOOOhhhhhhhh!
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
SPONGEBOB SQAUREPANTS!
Randy Kadish
Cunning Linguist

Unread post

Lost and Combat. Both have characters I care about, as well as interesting story lines.

I just wish today's novels had so many interesting, three-dimensional characters as Lost.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”