• In total there are 35 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 35 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Lost is awesome.

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Lost is awesome.

Unread post

Geo, you really should just give it a shot. I think you'll absolutely love this series. I watched all 5 seasons in a matter of maybe 30 days. Like johnson1010 said it is so much more enjoyable to watch Lost (and everything else for that matter) without commercial interruptions and week-long waits. I genuinely feel like I am friends with the Lost crew. In a weird way I have always wanted to be stranded on a deserted island and this series allows me to go into my own little fantasy world. 8)

The new season is coming in January I believe. I am tempted to watch the entire first 5 seasons again in preparation. :hmm:
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

Thanks Chris. I think we will watch it. It sounds like we should just have all five seasons on hand so that we can fly through it. Checking half.com . . .
-Geo
Question everything
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I watched them all online at ABC.com.
oblivion

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Likes the book better than the movie

Unread post

Just wanted you to know that LOST has been on for quite a while in Germany (dubbed exceedingly well.....Germans are masters at that) and the Legend of the Seeker just started 3 weeks ago. I'm hooked.
Gods and spirits are parasitic--Pascal Boyer

Religion is the only force in the world that lets a person have his prejudice or hatred and feel good about it --S C Hitchcock

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it. --André Gide

Reading is a majority skill but a minority art. --Julian Barnes
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
United States of America

Unread post

The missus and I watched episode 1 last night on abc.com. I was enthralled, but she has reservations about it. Either way, neither of us are very enthused about watching TV on my computer. I'll spring for the season on DVD on half.com and sell it when I'm done.

I liked the way the show unfolds. It seems this island is a bit like the Island of Dr. Moreau. Very interesting . . .
-Geo
Question everything
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

The episodes get better and better after the 1st one. Tell your wife to hang in there. This show has some highly freaky aspects that I won't mention in fear of spoiling things for you.
Gem
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

Has anyone read "The Third Policeman" by Flann O'brien? It was endorsed by the makers of Lost and there are some interesting parallels.

Gem
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
United States of America

Unread post

Gem wrote:Has anyone read "The Third Policeman" by Flann O'brien? It was endorsed by the makers of Lost and there are some interesting parallels.

Gem
I have always wanted to read this. Someone should nominate it as the next fiction selection.

I bought the first season DVDs of Lost for my week in Maryland. I'll make my wife watch at least one more episode and we'll see if it takes. :)
-Geo
Question everything
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

Ok,

so what do you think is the deal here?

Are Jacob and the "smoky" really gods, or are they part of some space/time abberation?

Who's going to be the next Jacob? Is there going to be a new "Smoky"?

Was Locke really important, or just a pawn in "Smoky's plot to take out Jacob?
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I have to admit that I have become confused and "lost" about "Lost". I haven't watched much of this season because it just has gotten too nutty for me. I will give it another shot soon. Are you finding this season to be up to par?

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”