• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

my first poetry book

A platform to express and share your enthusiasm and passion for poetry. What are your treasured poems and poets? Don't hesitate to showcase the poems you've penned yourself!
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
dianalewis9782
Official Newbie!

my first poetry book

Unread post

I have just published my first poetry book called "Tales of an innocent heart by diana lewis. thats me: here is one of my favorit poems and would like to know what you think and get some educated reviews. the only people who have read it is family and u know they are not honest and i need to know how i can get better, or just stay the same if it is good. I write simple poetry i think ( meaning it is not hard to understand) not shakespearish i guess. ok here is one of my poems and thank you for any advice.

My judgment

The ones passing judgment on me should stop to ponder on the judgments that have been placed on their own names.

For this path I did not choose once again, I was pushed down it and ridiculed for it ever since I regained the strength to stand.

It makes no sense how one so full of guilt can make those whom are innocent feel such remorse in their lies.

I feel the world would rather see me fail, and become like the rest; in this
wasteland of clones

But for my own pride I stand alone, ready to be persecuted by those who do not understand hurt and suffering like I do

They know nothing of wrong doings, only what their own selfi sh heads have conceived in the ways of this world.

For one looking for intelligence is looking for nothing but a person with a good memory of knowledge.

For they may never understand the words they speak, but yet they speak them in vain because they are indulging in complete ignorance.

But I must not pass this judgment so harshly, because their ignorance would become my knowledge.

And until I can clean my intelligence, I must wait, yet another day to ponder mine own judgments.
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Unread post

Diana -- did you self publish? It's hard to give feed back on just one poem. Can you post one or two more, so that I can get a better sense of your poetry?
dianalewis9782
Official Newbie!

yes i self published

Unread post

I did self published kind of why i want some feedback because i have no idea if its good or not. Heres two more poems from my book :)

Your Heart
If I had a demon’s heart this is how it would be:
with lies and deceit these things feeding off of me

But alas I do not have a heart so cold or full of greed
I have an angel’s heart that is tormenting me

It loves so free and blindly letting you see me clearly

I believe lies told time after time my heart knowing the truth
but choosing to stay blind

But if you cannot love my heart as blindly as mine loves yours,
we will be forever standing on opposite sides of a closed door

Very close to one another but not close enough to really feel each other
Unless we can open the door between us and love like we never have before

Grounded to this earth I cannot stay for long;
every day you are not with me I am one day closer to being gone

In his words

In his words
Edgar Allen Poe wrote a wonderful story of the loss of his true fairy tale love
I dwell in his words for I can feel his heart so full of hurt as it bleeds for his love;
so frail but very clear
For his soul as lost as mine own and his narrative so divine
For wishes of fi nding one’s lost love but yet fi nding a demon’s soul clear of;
the safety of his own mind
For he could hear the voices beyond the grave of those he once adored; I can
hear them as well surrounding me in a dark blanket of mourning forever more
Haunting fears of failed years and nothingness abroad
To read such words are like reading a sign from a God
Fearing my soul to never rest I will continue to grieve my love
and hold his head against my breast

Return to “A Passion for Poetry”