• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

new and inexperienced

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I am all moved!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Congrats on the move, now pull up a chair and chat a while. :shock:
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Sure, I'll chat anytime! Is anyone around who wants to chat? If you see me on and want to chat go in that room and I'll join ya!
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I was looking for my last post in this thread and, not for the first time, realized that it's not the easiest thing to do. I may be overlooking a simple way to do this and hope that someone will set me straight if that is so. At this moment, I can only think of two ways of finding your (or anyone else's) member intro. thread:
1. go through all of the posts you (or the person you are looking for) have/has ever made
2. go to member introductions and go through every page until you spot your name (or the name of the person you're looking for)
:yawn:
Thomas Hood
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

tarav wrote:I was looking for my last post in this thread and, not for the first time, realized that it's not the easiest thing to do. I may be overlooking a simple way to do this
Use Google. Think of a distinctive word or phrase in the post, enter BookTalk plus the distinctive word or phrase in Google, and chances are good that you will find what you want quickly.

Tom
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Wait for Tom

Unread post

I knew you would come to the rescue Tom, you always do!

:up:
Thomas Hood
Genuinely Genius

Re: Wait for Tom

Unread post

Suzanne wrote:I knew you would come to the rescue Tom, you always do!
Now don't set me up for a fall, Suzanne. I better get off my white horse before I hurt myself :)
Thomas Hood
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Thomas Hood wrote:
tarav wrote:I was looking for my last post in this thread and, not for the first time, realized that it's not the easiest thing to do. I may be overlooking a simple way to do this
Use Google. Think of a distinctive word or phrase in the post, enter BookTalk plus the distinctive word or phrase in Google, and chances are good that you will find what you want quickly.

Tom
Since "BookTalk" occurs at other sites, this works better if you enter "BookTalk.org" into Google. For example, to find this thread again I entered

BookTalk.org "white horse"

The first hit was the desired thread.

Tom
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Thank you, Thomas! I will do that next time!
Thomas Hood
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

tarav wrote:Thank you, Thomas! I will do that next time!
Tara, as Chris pointed out somewhere, BookTalk has a search function. It's between Rules and Bookmarks at the top of the webpage. This search function sometimes works better than the Google method, but sometimes it doesn't: It will return too many false hits to try. If one method doesn't work for me, I try the other.

Tom
Think critically about critical thinking.

Return to “Everything Else”