• In total there are 16 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 16 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

do authors ever participate in your chats?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
shors

do authors ever participate in your chats?

Unread post

Fellow book lovers,I "Googled" my novel this a.m., and discovered that a while ago, someone had posted good things about it on your message board. This prompted the words that I'm writing now, as I have a question to pose.A few months ago, my book, "Beneath a Marble Sky: A Novel of the Taj Mahal", was released. Since then, we've had nothing but wonderful reviews, we've hit multiple bestseller lists, and we just had our first movie rights offer. In a nutshell, things have gone very well.I'm wondering if your group ever selects a book for people to read and then invites the author to participate in a chat. I've been doing this with many book clubs, either in person, via speakerphone, or via chat room. Anyway, it's a fun way for readers to ask questions, and to try and get to understand a book better. So far, the response has been terrific in all of the 50+ sessions I've done. Anyway, if you think your group would be interested in such an exchange, please let me know. I'd take it seriously, and would do my best to answer everyone's questions. You can email me at [email protected]. Please put "Beneath a Marble Sky" in the subject line, or I'll think that I'm being spammed! Also, for more info on my book, please visit www.beneathamarblesky.comThank you for your time and thoughts.Best wishes,John Shors
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: do authors ever participate in your chats?

Unread post

JohnThank you for the info about your book. Chris "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandela
shors

Unread post

Chris,You're quite welcome. Take care! - John
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Looks like an excellent book...Beneath a Marble Sky: A Novel of the Taj MahalFrom Publishers WeeklyShors's spirited debut novel tells the story of the eldest daughter of the 17th-century emperor who built the Taj Mahal. From her self-imposed exile, Jahanara recalls growing up in the Red Fort; the devotion her parents, Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal, had for each other; and the events that took place during the construction of the fabulous monument to their love. Although Jahan is the emperor and has many wives, Mumtaz (he calls her Taj) is his soul mate, a constant companion and wise political consultant. She even travels with him into battle, where she eventually dies giving birth to their 14th child. Fortunately, she has the foresight to begin preparing her favorite daughter, Jahanara, by instructing the girl in the arts of influence and political strategy. Thus the young woman is able to pick up where her savvy mother left off. From then on it is Jahanara who advises the emperor, often instead of her dreamy brother, Dara, who is the rightful heir to the throne. It is she who helps with construction of the magnificent mausoleum for Mumtaz's remains and who falls in love with its architect, Isa, a man whom she can never marry. And it is she who leads a failed effort to defend the throne against a coup by her evil brother, Aurangzeb. With infectious enthusiasm and just enough careful attention to detail, Shors give a real sense of the times, bringing the world of imperial Hindustan and its royal inhabitants to vivid life. About the AuthorJohn Shors has spent much of his life abroad. After graduating in 1991 from Colorado College

Return to “Everything Else”