• In total there are 40 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 40 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Dawkins is my hero!

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Lawrence, can you post a small section of your essay right here? I don't think everyone has spent the necessary time to read your full essay. How about posting a single paragraph or two right here. Post the section that addresses the issues of this thread.
Lawrence

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Senior

My response to Dawkins and Harris

Unread post

Thanks again Chris.
From the forward of my essay.
European atheists now more vocal 04 Mar 2008 BURGESS HILL, England
I quote the Article published on Chris O'Conner's Blog then say, "This is the cry my essay answers."
I have been writing this essay all of my 75 years of life. I had almost despaired of ever publishing these thoughts when on April 29, 2005 I stumbled across Chris's internet site BookTalk.org and left a comment on the topic "Is God a Choice?" This is a topic within the study of Karen Armstrong's book "The Battle for God." Chris's response to my comment was," Definitely one of the best essays I've read on BookTalk! So impressive that I am forwarding a copy to my father to read, as he follows BookTalk but doesn't post. I hope you stick around and contribute more. And when you have that Blog further developed I just might add a link to it on our home page in the Recommended Blogs section. My response then, still applies, "Mr. O'Conner, you will never know the encouragement your words gave to me. I'm a no named; no body that is 72 years old and you heard me. So, for those of you who, like me, got a D- in 9th grade English and never recovered, here are the thesis statements for my essay A Cry From the Heart:
1. God is not a fact in human consciousness because an infinite object can not be a fact in the human mind
Lawrence

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Senior

Thank You

Unread post

Thank you Robert for taking my thoughts seriously. I want to respond to your comments but I think we should do so on my blog not this one. I will post this forward to the rewrite of my essay on my blog. If you choose to do so you could then repost your comments and we could go from there. Thank you again. Lawrence
WildCityWoman
Genius

Unread post

I like the music.

I don't have any feelings one way or the other for what the interviewer was trying to do. But I've only watched a wee bit of the vid . . . maybe I'd feel different if I watched it right through.

Although I'm not a religious zealot, in any way, I do respect everyone's right to express themselves in whatever faith they follow.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”