• In total there are 17 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 15 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

new to forums

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
fpla83

new to forums

Unread post

Hello everyone. I have joined this forum looking for some sort of insight. I have many questions. I am aware that nobody can answer them except for myself for it is I that have asked them and it is only I who understand their full meaning. As of late I find myself caught within a quagmire of infinite pondering. There are countless questions each with countless answers. I find that every question I ask has not one single answer but many. Everywhere I go I find more questions and many more answers. My mind goes in circles. I cannot find a direction. As Robert Frost put it "take the path less traveled" however, I fail to see a path worth taking at all. Instead, I'd rather chop down the forest so nothing but a barren plain is left. Then I would be free to roam in any direction I wish. The obstacle is the forest and it is laborious to chop down so many trees. However, I feel that this is the only way to fullfill my needs. That assumes that I am aware of my needs. It is increasingly apparent that I am wholly unaware of my needs. Many words have lost their meaning in these past months. I can do nothing but move on. I cannot go back. The past is populated with closed doors. So many thoughts and doubts enter my mind that I am still attempting to sort them out. Most of all I wonder why these doubts have entered my mind. If they are false and do not truly exist then they would not have entered my mind but they have and I cannot deny them. When this will cease I cannot foresee for I believe that it may never cease. I fear sharing my death bed with uncertainty as I am sure all of us are. I cannot even see anymore. The fog grows thicker with every passing day.
Tiarella

Re: new to forums

Unread post

Welcome to the forum! Ordinarily I'd say, "Questions are good," but it sounds like your questions are driving you mad. Quote:Instead, I'd rather chop down the forest so nothing but a barren plain is left.What forest is this? Do you have a plan for chopping it?
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

fpla83That was one of the most intriguing introductions I've ever read on BookTalk. You write well, and you seem to think deeply. One of the negative aspects to being a deep thinker is that your mind can race in circles as you question everything...and every question you answer is replaced by new and more mysteriously complex questions. I really hope you become a regular in the community, whether on the boards or in the chat room. I've a feeling your posts will be captivating. So what does "fpla83" mean?Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
fpla83

Unread post

Thank you for your welcome Chris. I have been looking over the forums and I find them very interesting. Everyone here seems to have something constructive to say. I will attempt to pick up the recent book and join that discussion as well. As for my name, its just a mix of my first and last name.

Return to “Everything Else”