• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Poetry?

A platform to express and share your enthusiasm and passion for poetry. What are your treasured poems and poets? Don't hesitate to showcase the poems you've penned yourself!
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Thank you both (Saffron and Steingerd) for setting me straight on the groovy Donovan song. I'm known for mishearing lyrics and thought the name used was Safflower.
Steingerd
Atop the Piled Books

Sweety Darling...

Unread post

I thought it would be after the song or the smart girl on the show "Absolutely Fabulous." Naming yourself Saffron after the spice is brilliant. Nobody would think of it in a million years. Steingerd is a name I yanked from a Viking saga about a viking named Cormac. I never read the whole thing, but I could see it influenced Tolkien a lot. It must have been a much bigger deal to have knowledge like that when he was an Oxford professor who probably painstakingly hand translated it in the Oxford library. Now it's on the net at our fingertips so that anyone can read it - even me. I love the net. Remember life before the net? If you wanted to know something, you had to go to the library, wait for weeks, maybe get a huge book with one tiny shred of the info you wanted, maybe they'd just have a magazine article that mentioned it in passing. I just love the net for everything from looking up all those obscure occult religions rock stars used to worship to cookie recipes. Now, if here was a demonic cookie recipe using saffron, we'd be cooking with gas.

Return to “A Passion for Poetry”