• In total there are 22 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 22 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Hi, I'm Paul Hanks

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Paul Hanks

Hi, I'm Paul Hanks

Unread post

I work as a translator in France where I live with my wife and a very fat cat. I'm also ex-Catholic, ex-fundie, ex-New Ager. And now member of AHA. After all that, I'm lucky to be sane. I've investigated freethought, atheism, humanism, objectivism and a few others, but I consider myself a Humanist, primarily because of its tolerant, affirmative philosophy centered on humanity's progress. Many other groups either have an ax to grind or spend much of their time hunting heretics in their ranks. I'd been surfing the freethought web for a few years, so I'm glad I finally stumbled on this hotbed of congenial heretics.Hope to get to know you all and I'll no doubt be putting my two cents in now and again.Paul
Timothy Schoonover

Re: Hi, I'm Paul Hanks

Unread post

Great to have you Paul! It's good that you think we're congenial...hehe, but watch out for Chris. He's a big jerk!
Jeremy1952
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Welcome aboard, Paul! I've been accused of being a humanist, but only by people who don't know how little regard I have for humans.
Paul Hanks

Unread post

Thanks for the welcome.BTW does anyone know how to delete a map entry? Took me 2 tries (duh!) before I got my town placed where I want it.
NaddiaAoC

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Wearing Out Library Card

Unread post

Hi Paul! Welcome to BookTalk. I'm glad you found us and I look forward to hearing your input.Cheryl
Paul Hanks

Unread post

Thanks, Cheryl ! Glad to be here.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

PaulWelcome! Don't listen to Tim...he has issues. We're all glad to have you join us here and I sure hope to see you get involved. We need more humanists!I'll delete the double entry on the Guest Map!Chris
ZachSylvanus
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

welcome aboard!I hope you enjoy our little community here :)

Return to “Everything Else”