• In total there are 50 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 50 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Beloved by Toni MORRISSON

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Leah Chibwe

Beloved by Toni MORRISSON

Unread post

If you were Margaret Garner (the woman who murdered her child because she thought slavery was worse than death) and had to confront/ confort/encourage Sethe (the main character in Beloved), what questions, issues, concerns would you bring up? How can you justify Margaret and Sethe's actions? Do you even agree with what they did? Why?
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

Hello Leah, and welcome to Booktalk! :smile:

I haven't read Toni Morrisson's Beloved-- perhaps other BT members have.

Actually, I've just looked and Jenni posted something on the subject last month.

Would you like to tell us a little about yourself by writing an introduction in the "Introduce Yourself" threads?

See you later I hope.

-------------------
Jenny1114

Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:02 pm Post subject: Beloved by Toni Morrison

I have read this book and thought that Toni Morrison powerfully explores the profound and lingering effects of racism thoughout the novel. However, What, ultimately, is Morrison saying about the effect racism can have on our thoughts, attitudes and behaviors?
Ophelia.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”