• In total there are 13 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 13 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Dom

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Dom

Dom

Unread post

Hi. I have just finished a rather rambling post on the roundtable forum so felt I ought to add a note of introduction here I am a 28 yr old Graduate of Cambridge University (UK), having attained two masters degrees in Physics (due to the vagaries of the Cambridge system). Still fascinated by physics, particularly by the last year which consisted of unlearning most of the previous 10, and took a further 10 years to begin to understand. At least I think I do.Currently spending my days writing and designing commercial computer game graphics engines.Favourite books: "Snow Crash" by Neil Stephenson "Vurt" & sequels by Jeff Noon
NaddiaAoC

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Wearing Out Library Card

Re: Dom

Unread post

Dom,Welcome to BookTalk. It's awesome that you have pursued a degree in physics. I'm sure you'll bring a lot of insight to the discussions here. I look forward to getting to know you more on the boards!Cheryl
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

DomHello there! Welcome to our community. I wish I knew enough about the sciences you discuss on the other thread to comment intelligently...but I don't. Not that I don't find it all rather interesting.You should register a name so that you have the ability to edit your posts. It only takes a minute to do so. And then out your name on our Guest Map found in the lower right-hand corner of the Home Page.I'm happy to have you join us and feel free to stop by on Thursday night for the 9pm chat. I consider the weekly chats as one of the best parts of being involved here at BookTalk.Chris
Dom

Unread post

Thanks for the welcome Glad you found the post interesting (& coherant enough)I would register a name but Im currently going through a 'transition' period and won't get a new (permanent) email account for a few weeks.I would also stop in for the chats, but Im in UK, which makes it 2am GMT I think
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

DomWe will eventually have chat sessions scheduled at different times so that people in the UK can attend without having to stay up all night. Right now the majority of our members are in the eastern part of the United States, so it only makes sense to have the chats at a time convenient for them. Hang in there.Chris

Return to “Everything Else”