• In total there are 6 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Wicked: The Wizard of Oz

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
tlpounds
The Great Gabsby

Wicked: The Wizard of Oz

Unread post

Wicked uses familiar characters to tell a new story. At the very end of Gillikin, we are introduced to the Wizard of Oz.

In what ways is he the same from how you remember him in the movie? In what ways is he different?
tlpounds
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

The first thing I thought after having "met" Wicked's version of the Wizard was that he was more villainous than I ever remembered him being in the movie.

The Wizard in The Wizard of Oz incited fear in his people not because he was evil, but because he was afraid.

He didn't know how to run a kingdom on respect and dignity of the individual, so he turned to tyranny and intimidation to ensure things did. However, in Wicked, the Wizard is more than apathetic to Animal suffering
Constance963
Intern

Unread post

This is another reason I'd like to read the original book the Wizard of Oz and haven't gotten around to it yet. I am curious to see what Gregory Maguire took from the movie versus the original book. I know the movie changed a lot from the original version such as the ruby slippers which I read were silver in the orignal novel.

In the movie he used his theatrics to frighten and intimidate but the movie still kind of made the Wizard out to be a generally nice old man who went about things in the wrong way, but ultimately wanted to help. The book made him more cunning and evil than in the movie and his motives were selfish.
My wedding day! 08-08-08

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”