• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Purely preposterous poppycock

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
jales4
Intern

Unread post

irishrosem wrote:But, I'm wondering, if it's not your policy to silence such bickering at its outset as you note here, maybe you really may want to consider a "Cat Fight" or a "Spats" forum.
Rather than creating a specific forum where arguments can continue, and therefore giving such threads an implicit "okay", would it not be better to assume that adults can each state their case, agree to disagree, and let the matter drop?

Just my opinion. Jan.
Niall001
Stupendously Brilliant

Unread post

Ideally, we'd do exactly that Jan but that doesn't seem to work. Rather than a sub-forum, I figure we can use this appropriately named thread for any further spats.

If something is turning into a spat, someone (anyone) should direct those involved to this thread if they want to continue the board drama.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

Alternatively, maybe we can think of a way to handle such altercations, as a forum, that will cut them short. Some sort of informal arbitration, perhaps?

Return to “Everything Else”