• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

December & January FICTION Book Suggestions

Assist us in selecting our upcoming FICTION book for group discussion in this forum. A minimum of 5 posts is required to participate here!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Dec. Fiction - Will you participate?

Unread post

grndhsfn

Unread post

I'd like to suggest a new novel by Austin Williams entitled CRIMSON ORGY. Just released this month, I got my hands on an advance copy and think it's a book likely to generate a lot of discussion.

Here's a review from Publishers Weekly:

"An authentically seedy, almost charming tale of zero-budget horror moviemaking morphs cleverly into a genuine splatterfest in Williams's unnervingly enjoyable debut. With just one week and almost no money, director Sheldon Meyer and producer Gene Hoffman hope to make the ultimate underground horror film on location in south Florida, but star Vance Cogburn is drinking, local lawman Sonny Platt is making trouble, and Meyer hasn't told novice ingenue Barbara Cheston his real plans. Readers familiar with Sam Raimi's Evil Dead films or Bruce Campbell's memoir If Chins Could Kill will find Williams's descriptions of less-than-a-shoestring movie production wholly convincing, escalating crises and all. The gratuitous gore--filmed and real--delivers solidly on the horror end, and a sly framing device adds a slightly ambiguous layer of additional authenticity. Those looking for a pure bloodbath may find the book too literate, but horror film buffs should be delighted and chilled in equal measure. (Jan.)"
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

Uh, Chris, this is a suggestion thread for two years ago. Shouldn't it be locked away or something?

Return to “What fiction book should we read and discuss next?”