• In total there are 11 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Alizee - the hottest female singer in the universe....

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
irishrose

1E - BANNED
Freshman

Unread post

Meh, I consider hot women to be more than a pretty face and a great body. Talent helps. She has a pedestrian voice and the songs are dull.

As an example, I'd consider Sinead O'Connor hot. She's got a kick ass body, and a face that can be found on a porcelain doll, with brilliant eyes. More importantly though, she has an ethereal voice that is splendidly powerful but with plenty of control, and usually sings and/or writes interesting music.

Essentially, if I had the choice, without question I'd pick Sinead to spend the night with. And I bet it would be hot as hell.

BTW, I've now spent two hours watching Sinead videos so if you want more suggestions let me know.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

When it comes to celebrity crushes, talent is by far the more important factor. Pretty faces are a dime a dozen in the biz, ya know? Just from listening to their albums, I developed a huge crush on Rebecca Bates of The Spinanes. She's pretty in her own way, but by recording industry standards she's unforgiveably plain looking.

My crush abated a little when she went solo. Not that the solo album wasn't also good, but it never really captured the brilliance of the two piece. I don't even think the drummer wrote all that much of their music -- it was the dynamic that mattered.

Of course, it doesn't hurt to look like a runway model...

...provided that you also kick ass.
If this rule were always observed; if no man allowed any pursuit whatsoever to interfere with the tranquility of his domestic affections, Greece had not been enslaved, Caesar would have spared his country, America would have been discovered more gradually, and the empires of Mexico and Peru had not been destroyed. -- Mary Shelley, "Frankenstein; or The Modern Prometheus"
irishrose

1E - BANNED
Freshman

Unread post

But Mad, do you think Alizee is hot?
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

Yeah, sure, I guess. But please, allow me ramble on about mid-90s talent crushes I had...

For example...

Tanya Donnelly of the band Belly...

... who was also in The Breeders, with Kim Deal...

... who was also in a little band you may have heard of...

The incomparable Ms. Hope Sandoval of Mazzy Star,

Liz Phair, for the first two albums, and then, after that, to hell with her,

Beth Gibbons of Portishead,

Laura Ballance of Superchunk, cause chick basists rule,

And certainly not least, PJ Harvey, who, oddly, has glammed it up quite a bit in recent years.
If this rule were always observed; if no man allowed any pursuit whatsoever to interfere with the tranquility of his domestic affections, Greece had not been enslaved, Caesar would have spared his country, America would have been discovered more gradually, and the empires of Mexico and Peru had not been destroyed. -- Mary Shelley, "Frankenstein; or The Modern Prometheus"
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Meh, I consider hot women to be more than a pretty face and a great body. Talent helps. She has a pedestrian voice and the songs are dull.
Surely you jest! Alizee is much more than just a pretty face and great body. Her videos above may not be giving you the full picture of who she is and where her talents lie. Granted, she is beautiful and sexy, but her voice is "angelic," as my wife describes it. But she is young...probably 18 years old in that video. She is just finding herself and what you see right now is the product of molding by her managers and agents.
As an example, I'd consider Sinead O'Connor hot.
We clearly define "hot" differently. While shaving your head my be a statement to the world it is hardly attractive to most men. Before your post I had never even thought of Sinead O'Connor as an attractive female. Now that I've looked her up on Google and checked out a few dozen quality photos of her I can definitely see what you mean, but to compare her to Alizee?
She's got a kick ass body, and a face that can be found on a porcelain doll, with brilliant eyes.
I'm not attracted to porcelain dolls. Her skin might be perfect and her eyes penatrating, but her overall "look" doesn't do anything for me. But the cool thing is we're all different. While there appears to be some consistencies in what makes a female considered attractive, we all have our own likes and dislikes. If everyone found Alizee hot then Alizee would be in much greater demand than she is. And then what luck would I have with her? :lol:
More importantly though, she has an ethereal voice that is splendidly powerful but with plenty of control, and usually sings and/or writes interesting music.
No arguments here. Sinead is amazing...as a singer and song writer and artist. But hot? Not to me. Would I love to see Sinead in concert more than Alizee? Probably so. But I also love to see my wife dancing to pop music so an Alizee concert would be just as fun.
Essentially, if I had the choice, without question I'd pick Sinead to spend the night with. And I bet it would be hot as hell.

Maybe so. She has so much passion and power that she'd probably give you quite a night. But if given the chance to have Alizee or Sinead O'Connor, with my wife's permission naturally, it would be a no-brainer. I don't find bald women to be very attractive and I wouldn't be asking her to sing in bed. But I'd just as much prefer to watch Alizee dance as to have her in bed. She is mesmerizing.

I think you should really listen to Alizee's voice on La Isla Bonita. She does a better job than Madonna, in my opinion, and I can see why she has made it to the top of the music charts throughout France and all of Europe. The girl is ridiculously hot and she can indeed sing.

No, she is no Barbra Streisand or Sarah Brightman. But do we really have to only be attracted to singers who have the very best voices on the planet? There is only room at the top for one or two.
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Mad, Rebecca Bates looks much better in the second video. And I am not one for that type of funky hair, but she looks really good there.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Liz Phair looks pretty good too. Never heard of any of the singers you're mentioning, Mad, but this is fun.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Alizee does absolutely nothing for me...actually makes me kinda ill with her cheesy attempt at cutesy sex appeal.

Liz Phair always annoyed me for some reason...the chick from Mazzy Starr...now you are talkin!! That voice is golden. I also loved Natalie Merchant's voice...but never got into the music.

Mr. P.
When you refuse to learn, you become a disease.
irishrose

1E - BANNED
Freshman

Unread post

Heh The Breeders
irishrose

1E - BANNED
Freshman

Unread post

Chris, Sara Brightman!...blech blech blech... Image
Chris wrote:Never heard of any of the singers you're mentioning, Mad, but this is fun.
Which is probably the root reason why you and I have such opposing ideas of what constitutes "hot" among female performance artists. But I'm glad you don't mind the hijacking of your Alizee thread. We should probably add a hot male performing artist thread, but I have an idea I'd be the only one posting there.
Surely you jest! Alizee is much more than just a pretty face and great body.
Nah not really. Her voice, like her face, is a dime a dozen. There's nothing interesting about it; plus, of the videos I've watched, there's no real power and no real range. And the music is so boring as to be sleep-inducing. I listened to "La Isla Bonita"

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”