• In total there are 39 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 39 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

X Minus One: science fiction radio stories

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

X Minus One: science fiction radio stories

Unread post

Happened to sumble on X Minus One, a collection of vintage science fiction radio broadcasts, and since I know some of you are sci-fi fans, I thought I'd kick it your way.

It's hosted on the "Old Time Radio" section of the Internet Archives radio programs collection. Until about five minutes ago, I didn't know any of that existed. Pretty cool stuff.

This is also an illustration of the general weirdness encouraged by the hyperlink format. Here's the path (in reverse) that I followed to get to the Old Time Radio archive:
Old Time Radio Passport to Eternity wiki The Castafiore Emerald wiki < 1963 Books wiki < Eichmann in Jerusalem wiki

The last in that path (ie. the first page, chronologicall), I looked up for our discussion of "Responsibility and Judgment", but I was curious about one of the categories it belonged to, and I wanted to see what other books were being read at the same time. I checked out a few other books before stumbling on L. Sprague Camp's "A Gun for Dinosaur", and it was in following the link from the story collection to the wiki for the title story that I found a link for the recording of the radio broadcast of the story, way back when podcasts were called "radior" or something like that.
If this rule were always observed; if no man allowed any pursuit whatsoever to interfere with the tranquility of his domestic affections, Greece had not been enslaved, Caesar would have spared his country, America would have been discovered more gradually, and the empires of Mexico and Peru had not been destroyed. -- Mary Shelley, "Frankenstein; or The Modern Prometheus"

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”