• In total there are 12 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Observation about this book...

#7: Mar. - Apr. 2003 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Observation about this book...

Unread post

I've received numerous emails from members saying they have read the book, but don't feel any need to comment on the boards. In some ways the book is preaching to the choir. The consensus seems to be that the essays were very good, but most of us are beyond the stage where this stuff is new and exciting.I don't see a reason to invite S.T. Joshi to a personal chat session with us this time. He is the editor of the book and he did write a fantastic introduction, but the book is a compilation of essays of famous nonbelievers. Who should we invite? Most authors are dead at this point. We could invite Ann Druyan in place of Carl Sagan and his piece from "The Demon-Haunted World," but it makes me uncomfortable. Perhaps this is a chat session we can schedule in the future when we are actually discussing the entire book...not just one chapter. At this point I'm going to skip inviting an author for this next "author chat." If anyone has an idea please share it here. I would sincerely appreciate that.Chris Edited by: Chris OConnor  at: 10/30/05 4:37 pm
wmmurrah

Re: Observation about this book...

Unread post

We could hold a seance to speak with the dead authors
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I love the seance idea. As long as there is goat blood and virgins involved...count me in. Chris Edited by: Chris OConnor  at: 10/30/05 4:37 pm
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Everyone should jump right into the "Unweaving the Rainbow" forum. This book was a dud and it generated minimal discussion. I look forward to some great conversations with all of you on Dawkins book.Chris Edited by: Chris OConnor  at: 10/30/05 4:37 pm
Jeremy1952
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Interesting that a post moved from this forum to "Unweaving" generated four posts in two days, but never seems to have been read at all when it was here. Perhaps the discussion leader didn't do it justice.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

...deleted... Edited by: LanDroid at: 4/26/03 8:35:52 am

Return to “Atheism: A Reader - edited by S. T. Joshi”