• In total there are 6 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Do you plan to attend the chat Thursday?

#13: Mar. - April 2004 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Do you plan to attend the chat Thursday?

Unread post

The chat is this Thursday, May 27, 2004 at 10:00pm ET. Will you be attending?Results (total votes = 15):Yes&nbsp9 / 60.0%&nbsp Maybe&nbsp6 / 40.0%&nbsp No&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbsp "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Do you plan to attend the chat Thursday?

Unread post

I'll be there.Please make a follow-up post so we know the names of people that will attend. And remember the chat will be in the other chat room, not the EZBoard chat room.Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
SunSprite86

Unread post

Chris,I'd like to listen in, despite the fact that ya'll read that book before I found this site. Won't have time to read it by next week, either. I voted "maybe," because I've got somewhere around 20 students graduating that evening. If the ceremony and reception is over with enough time to spare, I'll come visit the chat. Graduation will be a tearful event, since we're handing diplomas to the families of one student who died in Febrary and another student who was so horribly injured in the accident last week.Karen
bobbi

Unread post

I'm almost done with the book and I've found it pretty interesting, so, yeah, I hope to make the chat on Thursday.The only reason I posted a "maybe" is cause I'm flying into Colorado Springs that day and have to get where I'm going and get the laptop fired up in time. whewww But, hey, it's all good and I'm looking forward to it.
bernt

Unread post

I plan to yes,I live in central Europe but UpNorth. We ahve same time as Bruxelles and Paris I guess. anybody knows what 10PM EST could be over here then? would it it 5 or 6 or 7 hours? The Earth turns ... naah I am not good at logic and we have the Summer time corrections to take care of too. I listen to BBC and they are two hours less than the Summertime? when we have 10PM European Standard Time then it is 8PM Gmt or UTC if I get it. Could anybody confirm? What would ti be in 10PM EST then? 02.00AM Friday the 28 of May?Bernt nto logical enough indeed. Help me out pleawe and what is the url to the different place the chat is to take place. I am no chatter but like to be present there too. I want to ask him about reactions to the Vincent Sarich page 11 thing about God in our heads. Very few atheists seem to take it as intended by Sarish? Bernt
Meme Wars
Gaining experience

Unread post

With your permission, I would like to attend chat, even though I didn't read the book. Too busy being editor to local humanist group to have time to read at this moment.I promise to minimize my participation (unless it is dead) and yield to those who have read the book.Monty VonnMeme Wars!
Tiarella

Unread post

I'll be there if I can; it depends on my family, really.
bernt

Unread post

sorry me being soo wordy. 1. help me find correct local time to chatt.now it is 20:51European standard time. Most likely it is 18:51 UTC or Gmt. Not sure. what local time for me wil the chat be? 10PM EST is what in GMT or UTC? 2. The chat is not the usal one. another url how do I find it then? Bernt.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

BerntI'll have to look up the answer to your question about time zones, but I can answer the question about how to get into the chat room. See the top orange-colored link bar on every page? Just click on the "CHAT" link and you will be brought to a log-in page. Enter a name in the "Username" box, and click the "Login" button. No need to use a password as I don't have this chat session password protected.Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"

Return to “How We Believe: Science, Skepticism, and the Search for God - by Michael Shermer”