• In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The End Of The World 2033

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

The End Of The World 2033

Unread post

You may remember predictions that the world would end thirteen years ago on May 21, 2011. If not here is a summary. Well it turns out that organization, the eBible Fellowship, learned zero lessons from that debacle, is still at it, and is now predicting the end of the world in 2033!

Here's a series of Youtube videos (good Lord, they're up to 95 videos now!) on this subject. I tried to listen to the first one, but it is so boring I bailed out after a few minutes. I cannot imagine trudging through the rest of them.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... RI12Gig1Ot

Let the countdown begin. :lol:
Discuss...if you can stomach it... :P :x :shock:
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: The End Of The World 2033

Unread post

2033 is so far away! I wish they would move it up sooner so that we can get to the fun part where we are discussing how the world didn't actually end. :lol:
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
Murmur
Senior

Unread post

LanDroid wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:04 pm You may remember predictions that the world would end thirteen years ago on May 21, 2011. If not here is a summary. Well it turns out that organization, the eBible Fellowship, learned zero lessons from that debacle, is still at it, and is now predicting the end of the world in 2033!

Here's a series of Youtube videos (good Lord, they're up to 95 videos now!) on this subject. I tried to listen to the first one, but it is so boring I bailed out after a few minutes. I cannot imagine trudging through the rest of them.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... RI12Gig1Ot

Let the countdown begin. :lol:
Discuss...if you can stomach it... :P :x :shock:
I didn't listen / watch a single video in that series and I'm not going to. At the time that I clicked your link (a few seconds ago), there were more than 90 videos in the series. I listen to a talk radio show from California nearly every day. They quoted some scientists about the dangers of AI and that humans could face extinction sometime in the 2030s. Did the creator of those end-of-the-world videos mention AI? I glanced at the titles of a few videos, and judging by those titles, the creator of the videos doesn't mention it.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

Chris wrote:2033 is so far away! I wish they would move it up sooner so that we can get to the fun part where we are discussing how the world didn't actually end. :lol:
I'm sure they do that on purpose, partly so we forget or only vaguely remember the prediction so when it does not come to pass, the predictor is not ridiculed as we're already prepared to do. 👼🏽 Harold Camping was different, so convinced he was correct that he spent truck loads of money publicizing it. You may remember ads to "Save The Date!" I expect that group will widely publicize 2033 as the end of the world starting in 2032.
  • Herbert W Armstrong founded the Worldwide Church of God. He predicted the world would end in 1936 and only his church members would survive. He changed the date 3 more times. I mention this only because I recall seeing his propaganda in our house when I was a kid, pretty sure one of those dates was 1975.
  • Hal Lindsey published The Late Great Planet Earth on 5/23/1970. He predicted the end of the earth within one generation of the creation of Israel. He said a generation was 40 years. Israel started in 1948. Although he didn't claim it directly, this equation meant the world would end no later than 1988, 18 years after the publication date.
  • Etc. ad nauseum.
murmur wrote: Did the creator of those end-of-the-world videos mention AI?
I've watched only a few minutes so far, but expect AI is not a factor. These folks usually obsess about the book of revelations and timing based on the number of generations after certain events.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

https://www.youtube.com/live/Phr7VPhSglk

Biblical prophecy is foundational to the sham of religion. Aron Ra has been extensively involved in the exposing of religious beliefs that rely heavily upon prophecy for the life blood of believers and their faith.
I have been a subscriber of his videos for years, and have watched many hours of his content. I think he has successfully presented, and continues to present in great detail the challenges facing the biblical literalist and their apologists.

This second video is shorter than the first but is directly related to the failure of prophecy.
Chris brings up an interesting point.
Mockery of unfulfilled prophecy, must have been really fun for the people of the second century BC. But… at the same time sorta crazy!. The early century fanatics were diabolically set to double down on their beliefs being correct.
Islam came from their creation of similar prophecy, theirs was the last and truest, and continues to be the most dangerous.

I agree with Landroid, these prophecies have to be set far enough into the future so that memories are just vague enough. This allows for fools to keep believing in antiquated myths.

I could not and, would not spend any time watching any of those 95 videos Landroid linked, it would be like watching 95 hours of FPSfB’s speaking at one of his rallies.
I have no truck with the Old or New Testament. Nothing favorable to extend to the Quran.
To me they are as creepy as Putin’s Russia and Chinese Communism.
All five are ample examples of the dangers of a narrow mind.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

I'm starting to think this could actually turn into "a big deal." Saw a recent video where they're reaching out on every social media outlet possible. That publicity this early on plus the huge amount of crazy that's already out there could blow up. Consider the QA non conspiracy rabbit hole goofballishness. Consider hundreds of people waited at Dealey Plaza in Dallas for JFK Jr. to resurrect from the dead and join Trump's campaign. WTF The groundwork has been laid for extraordinarily kooky hysteria!
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

This group is rebranding the failed end of the world on 5/21/2011 as merely the START of judgement day. They interpret this is not a day, but as a 22 year period where judgement is rendered and NO ONE can be saved. The magical salvation equation involving Jesus, Grace, and works (or not-works) is closed. Infants, women, elderly, it doesn't matter - if you weren't saved by 5/21/2011 you are DOOMED!

2011 + 22 is how they get to 2033. Dunno / don't care where the 22 years comes from, again probably calculated for vague memories at that time. If you can stomach a few minutes of this video, this is explained a bit. Short answer to the opening question: Your infant is going to hell. Wild stuff presented in a very boring fashion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7S3Ptdjv9M

Here's a tract that explains it, but I don't have the patience to study it further.
Upon saving the last one of His elect, God ended the possibility of salvation for the unsaved people of the world by shutting the door of heaven on May 21, 2011. From that point forward, not one person anywhere in the world has become saved.
https://www.ebiblefellowship.org/all-li ... esalvation
I have run across the term "The Elect" in predestination where it's believed your eternal destination to either heaven or hell is predetermined before birth. Nothing you can do can change that. However :mrgreen: if you join OUR church :mrgreen: it's a very good sign that you are part of The Elect. :mrgreen: Not quite sure if these folks are into predestination, but it smells like it.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

10The God of my mercy shall prevent me: God shall let me see my desire upon mine enemies. Slay them not, lest my people forget: scatter them by thy power; and bring them down, O Lord our shield. For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they speak. Consume them in wrath, consume them, that they may not be: and let them know that God ruleth in Jacob unto the ends of the earth. Selah. And at evening let them return; and let them make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city. Let them wander up and down for meat, and grudge if they be not satisfied.
- Psalm 59: 10 - 15 King James version
There's a pretty good live demonstration of bias confirmation in the following video. Fast forward to 14:00 minutes where the dude is reading the above passage, then comments on the words in bold "Slay them not, lest my people forget..." when saying "I don't know what that means." Consider that's probably the only verse in the entire bible he pretends to not understand. Why? Because it contradicts the rest of the passage and his own craving for widespread violence and death. That offending passage MUST be dismissed instantly, which is exactly what he does in confirming his bias, again "I don't know what that means." He then continues to discuss all the horrific violence that will happen at the end of the world. A few will be saved just before the entire planet is vaporized. The dude was painfully tumescent at that thought: he can.not.wait.for.the.killing.to.start.in.9.years!

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”