• In total there are 21 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 21 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Some very old classic poetry I set to music

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
michaelwy
Getting Comfortable
Great Britain

Some very old classic poetry I set to music

Unread post

I set some classic poetry to music, that is, I combined them, without actually playing or reading myself. I just thought they fit and combined them instinctively. I thought it turned out surprisingly well.

michaelwy
Getting Comfortable
Great Britain

Re: Some very old classic poetry I set to music

Unread post

I made another one of these jazz videos with poetry. I wanted to see if was able to make something more upbeat, and with an attitude. This is the naughtiest poet of Antiquity, but in a nineteenth century toned down translation. Set to a funk jazz rhythm that I looped with a bridge. I had no human vocals, so I used an AI reading, which I then cut up into segments and spread across the timeline. The intonation will not be as good as a human voice. But at least it worked without autotune!

I made this series in order to provide a new angle on old classics. It will lower the threshold, and more people will then know who these poets were.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”