• In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

repurposing books

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
radioclub
Official Newbie!

repurposing books

Unread post

sorry if this isn't the right place to post this but basically i bought this book a longgg time ago (maybe 7 years ago?) and at the time i didn't know the author was a terrible person but i just bought it because i thought it looked interesting. so i never actually read it but ive seen that's its generally really problematic (which i didnt know when i bought it) and i hate how it's just been sitting around in my room for so long and i hate how i unknowingly supported someone bad. i want to get rid of it somehow or repurpose it in some way because its genuinely stressing me out that i own it lol but i don't have any ideas.
so it'd be great if any of you all have any ideas on what i should do with the book, like should i throw it away, use it for arts and crafts, etc.!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: repurposing books

Unread post

OK, I'll bite! What book is this that is troubling you so much? You always could throw it in the garbage, donate it to a library, or light it on fire. But please tell us the name of this book! :hmm:
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
Murmur
Internet Sage

Unread post

radioclub wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:26 pm sorry if this isn't the right place to post this but basically i bought this book a longgg time ago (maybe 7 years ago?) and at the time i didn't know the author was a terrible person but i just bought it because i thought it looked interesting. so i never actually read it but ive seen that's its generally really problematic (which i didnt know when i bought it) and i hate how it's just been sitting around in my room for so long and i hate how i unknowingly supported someone bad. i want to get rid of it somehow or repurpose it in some way because its genuinely stressing me out that i own it lol but i don't have any ideas.
so it'd be great if any of you all have any ideas on what i should do with the book, like should i throw it away, use it for arts and crafts, etc.!
I think you should give the book away. Donate it to a library or put it in one of those sidewalk book share boxes.

If you give it away and don't destroy it, then when someone wants to read the book, they can read the extant copy and not buy a new one. Buying a new one would give money to the author you dislike, but reading an extant copy wouldn't.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I've donated at least 500 books to several local libraries and it always feels good to know someone else might enjoy them. I can't imagine throwing a book in the garbage so I shouldn't have even jokingly suggested that in my previous post above.
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
laurawoods
Official Newbie!
United States of America

Unread post

You should cut out interesting pages for collages, use them for mixed media projects, or even tear them up for paper mache. Buckshot Roulette

Return to “Everything Else”