• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Question for Authors and Readers

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Tigalabs
Official Newbie!

Question for Authors and Readers

Unread post

Hello Friends!

I just stumbled onto booktalk.org and super excited to be here! I had a couple questions for Authors as wells as Readers!

Authors, what are some of the biggest issues you face after you've written you book? Is it audience? Distribution? Marketing? etc. Also, what are some ways you've monetized your following and if you had the opportunity would you? I've seen some Authors using Patreon but not many. What are some ways that you provide extra content/services for your readers?

Readers, do you find it difficult to connect with your favorite Authors? If given the opportunity would subscribe or pay to maybe have a Video chat with them, pay for unreleased content, join a private book club, get early releases? What are some of the biggest issues you face as a Reader?

Thanks for listening and I look forward to any replies! :)
Micah
CaitlinDBurnside
Getting Comfortable
Great Britain

Re: Question for Authors and Readers

Unread post

As an independent author, I've seen the two sides of online self-publishing.

Some online platforms were so bad, I gave them all up. I've a new system in place now and feel it'll be good as I'll have more control of where things go to.

I stumbled onto Book talk dot org myself, in a search for a forum all about books where I could safely speak about my love of reading and writing.

Therefore, I'd have to say, as author: audience, getting discovered and having security online.

As a reader/editor, I used to be very busy, doing beta-reading and occasionally I offered the services of proofreading, correcting grammar, editing and enhancing other authors' work, at their request.

I'm still in touch with a very good author friend from the days of old platform, which has been closed down ages now, Google Plus.

We continue to sound off ideas and designs such as new book covers and video trailers. Therefore, I'd love to expand this circle.

Yours in ink,
CaitlinDBurnside
"Writing is the painting of the voice."
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/cdburnside

Return to “Everything Else”