• In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Who can name this short story

A dedicated forum for discussing and celebrating your favorite short stories and short story authors.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
WillyB53
Official Newbie!

Who can name this short story

Unread post

As a child in school, I recall reading a science fiction short story about a man who was placed in a long suspended animation. He awoke in a world with little to no risk or danger. Turns out he was a bit of a daredevil. The arguments he was positing to those who had awakened him, basically put forth that a life without risk is not a life worth living.

If I remember correctly, the story ended with the phrase, "... then they injected him with the bubonic plague."

I cannot remember the title, or the author of this story. Basic google searches have not proven helpful. Can anyone help me?
Murmur
Internet Sage

Re: Who can name this short story

Unread post

WillyB53 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:15 pm As a child in school, I recall reading a science fiction short story about a man who was placed in a long suspended animation. He awoke in a world with little to no risk or danger. Turns out he was a bit of a daredevil. The arguments he was positing to those who had awakened him, basically put forth that a life without risk is not a life worth living.

If I remember correctly, the story ended with the phrase, "... then they injected him with the bubonic plague."

I cannot remember the title, or the author of this story. Basic google searches have not proven helpful. Can anyone help me?
I don't know the answer to your question. Have you tried AI searches?
mostly_harmless
Official Newbie!
Great Britain

Re: Who can name this short story

Unread post

Risk by Joanna Russ?

Return to “Short Story Discussions”