• In total there are 7 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Short Story

An open-minded and nonjudgmental place for sharing your personal writing, seeking feedback, and reading and discussing the writing of your fellow members.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mysricxs
Official Newbie!
United States of America

Short Story

Unread post

Currently working on a short story titled Charles. My goal is to get at least 5k words, if more that'd be cool too. It starts out with the main character, Charles, in his cabin and it mainly follows the surroundings of where he lives and what he's experiencing in the woods in which he resides. The story gets increasingly more unnatural until the ending (to which I will not spoil).

Been questioning myself as I write this, to be honest. Things like where I'm going with the story and such. Anyways, I find it interesting. I came up with the idea from a weird prompt a friend gave me.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: Short Story

Unread post

:welcome:
Best of luck in that endeavor! I've wondered how fiction writers work. I've heard you need to "begin with the end in mind," to know how it winds up. But I've also frequently heard things like "I had no idea that character was going to act that way!" I s'pose it's a combination of the two - have a plan, but use creativity...

Return to “Creative Writing”