• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

The House of the Spirits

This forum is dedicated to discussing your preferred FICTION authors, books, and genres.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
LiteraryPrince5
Getting Comfortable

The House of the Spirits

Unread post

I have recently joined a book club, and the book of the month is The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende. I'm only about a hundred pages into this 750 page book, but for two days reading I'd say that's good progress :-D So far this book seems like a gorgeous look into a family generation by generation, and I can't wait to talk about it with my book club. I would highly recommend the read. The text and language can be a little dense, but if you're used to reading classics it should be nothing! I love seeing all the through lines come to fruition in this book, and even just 100 pages in I can already see so many family stories intertwining. :)
LiteraryPrince5
Getting Comfortable

Re: The House of the Spirits

Unread post

Just finished this book! Just in time too, the book club meeting is today! I cut it a little close but finished it, and I'm so glad that I read it. I highly recommend people read this book, it's a long read but worth it. It follows three generations of this family, and while for the most part, it seems like a regular family depiction, there are paranormal and fantastical elements in it too, mainly clairvoyants and ghosts. If anyone ends up reading this let me know, I'd love to talk about it with someone!
NorthernReader
Official Newbie!

Re: The House of the Spirits

Unread post

Well it sounds wonderful and am for sure considering reading it after the current book I'm reading. Thank you very much for sharing!

Return to “Fiction General Discussion”