• In total there are 37 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Mistranslations - SOLVED - in the Holy Bible

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Worlds

1E - BANNED
Getting Comfortable

Mistranslations - SOLVED - in the Holy Bible

Unread post

Solved many mistranslations found within roughly 65% of Bibles including the King James version.

https://www.docw.us/mistranslations
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: Mistranslations - SOLVED - in the Holy Bible

Unread post

I watched the video about Jesus and the Old Testament Law. It appears you find a contradiction between several verses in the King James version, pick one side of that contradiction, then assert the other verse is a "mistranslation." But how do you know that disputed verse is indeed an inaccurate translation? Do you know ancient Greek, or what primary text do you refer to when analyzing a translation?

Are the Disciples of Christ producing a new corrected translation of the Bible? Does your understanding of current Law include regulations on slavery and the verses from Exodus quoted below?

You might find this book fascinating - Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why by Bart Ehrman.
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
Worlds

1E - BANNED
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I do everything possible to ensure I produce accurate doctrine.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

OK but you don't explain your process. Again, it appears you find a contradiction such as statement "X.2" in the bible conflicts with statement "Y.4". You go on to say something like the following.

"I agree with statement X.2, therefore statement Y.4 is a mistranslation. Here is a corrected translation of Y.4, which contradicts the original text. Oh and by the way I don't know ancient Greek or any early scriptural languages, therefore this is my unsupported assertion."

That is not a good look, but perhaps I don't understand how you arrive at these conclusions.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Worlds wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:23 am I do everything possible to ensure I produce accurate doctrine.
I'm sure you're comfortable with your process but for other people to accept your conclusions you need to share your process in detail.

Return to “Everything Else”