• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Ebooks that need unique Readers.

This forum is devoted to conversations about your favorite NON-FICTION authors, books, and genres.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
John Windo
Getting Comfortable

Ebooks that need unique Readers.

Unread post

I tried to find a paperback of "The Longest Day", by Cornelius Ryan in every store in the Southern hemisphere (it seems), but without any luck. Then I saw that Dymock's had it as an eBook. Put my money down and downloaded the book., That's when my troubles started..

Turns out that it can only be accessed via the "Adobe Digital Editions" app. So I installed that. But reading a book on a laptop is not my idea of "curling up with a good book". So I checked, and found that you can view the book on a phone or a tablet. I don't have a tablet so I tried to set up the phone.

More problems. You have to "authorise" your device first, using your Adobe ID and password. Well, I tried every ID and password I own, plus combinations thereof, but got an error message every time.

I've abandoned the attempt. Dymocks and Adobe are just too troublesome to deal with.

But there MUST be a paper copy of that book somewhere on the planet!! If anybody has one, (I'm in Australia), I'd be forever grateful if you would let me know, and maybe sell it to me.

Fingers crossed. :anyone?:
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: Ebooks that need unique Readers.

Unread post

Amazon doesn't ship to Australia?
https://www.amazon.com/Longest-Day-Clas ... C87&sr=1-1

You can also download a kindle file to your phone and read with a free kindle app.

Return to “Non-Fiction General Discussion”