• In total there are 38 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 38 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Space telescopes and god.

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
John Windo
Getting Comfortable

Space telescopes and god.

Unread post

The launch and placement of the James Webb "super telescope" is giving us some remarkable images of space. As we marvel at those brilliant vistas of space dust and stars, we're told that the scale of the views we're seeing can be represented by imagining a grain of sand on the tip of a finger held out at arm's length...

Evidently, in space, there's a lot of room to move.

And if we could travel those unspeakable distances, and if we came to a place where absolutely no dust, smoke, particles, or even atoms were floating, there would still be an empty space where those objects could go!

As far as I'm concerned, that means that the universe is infinite. It has no ending. Anywhere.

How can that be?

This is why I'm agnostic. I think it's just as foolish to boldly declare that there is a god, as to confidently declare that there isn't.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”