• In total there are 42 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 41 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

An "Article" On religious Freedom

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
amd2003

An "Article" On religious Freedom

Unread post

The following is what my 17 year old son wrote on religious freedom. Apparently, he was responding to some comment somewhere else on the net. I have not had time to read what he has written. Also, I have nota sked for permission to post it here -- he is away at school. If he has problems, I will remove it. I don't think that he will have problems. I am sure that he will welcome constructive suggestions on both content and style. Please remember that this is a kid expressing his views.LCSnare (The Short One)"The seperation of church and state crap has also gone way too far, courtesy of the liberals. Not many people know this, but the seperation was first created to protect the CHURCH from the government, rather than the other way around! The reasoning behind this was that they didn't want what happend with the church of england, to happen here. Liberals have taken the seperation to where the CHURCH is discriminated against so we don't hurt the feelings of atheists/muslums/whatever. If any christians out there think that they have equal rights compared to ordinary citizens, you are sorely mistaken."Where shall I begin... You say that the liberals have caused the church and state to seperate too much. Many of the "liberals" feel that decisions such as the Gay Marraige Ban and perhaps even the War in Iraq(to some extent) are reasons that the "conservatives" are trying to close the gap between church and start too much. As for your following statements, America has indeed moved in a different direction from that which the founding fathers indicated. The People are now asked to make informed decisions about their government and are allowed freedom of religion, neither of these originally planned. America is now a place where people are free from religious prosecution, meaning we cannott have a time of prayer in schools because of atheists and religious groups that do not pray. To me this is acceptable. I do not feel that all people must have the same religion, and I do not feel that the spirit of Christ is lost if we cannot pray as a group in school. I feel Christians have the same rights of ordinary citizens, and assume your argument against this is based on loss of Christians rights making their rights that of an ordinary citizen, which in American is fairly new due to some of the reason we have both said. It seems, from your argument, that you do not want a seperate church and state(as the immorality is where the bulk of your explanation goes) and that you are not happy with the religious freedoms, and sometimes immorality cause by this, given to us by the United States. Regardless of the conservative, and generally more relgiously influenced, control of our government, I doubt that much of these freedoms wil be taken away- save a possible Gay Marriage Ban. You are correct in stating that America's morals are not Christian- for a country governed solely by this is a Utopia. If you wish to try a Utopia like that, I suggest moving to Northern Alaska.I respect your beliefs and you. This is just my opinion and analysis.

Return to “Everything Else”