• In total there are 34 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 33 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Searching for That Book

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Binky555
Official Newbie!

Searching for That Book

Unread post

I am simply looking for more information on a book I read in 1972. It was based on the Lewis Carroll book Alice in Wonderland but set in “modern” times. I cannot remember the name, author nor year published. I do remember some of the characters. Lol!
The Cheshire Cat was a corrupt politician who, because of his bad deeds, was “loosing face” with his constituents.
Alice was a young girl still living at her mom’s home and would pilfer her mom’s medicine cabinet, sometimes becoming very small and others very large.
Walking the city once when very small Alice fell down a manhole which city workers had removed the cover from. Lost underground for awhile.
Etc. I hope someone has some info here. Thanks !

Return to “Everything Else”