• In total there are 43 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 43 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Chaos Quarter - Scifi action-adventure romp

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
David Welch
Junior

Re: Chaos Quarter - Scifi action-adventure romp

Unread post

From a five-star Amazon review: "From a five-star Amazon review: "This was a really good book. Great characters, great world building, and a solid story. I wasn't sure where it was going once the main antagonist was introduced, but the author had a cohesive vision and really drove this one home with an ending that made this a great stand alone novel but sets up a series nicely with an interesting crew. Welch is definitely now on my "authors to watch" list."

CHAOS QUARTER, available from Amazon, ebook and paperback. FREE for Kindle Unlimited.

Also, keep an eye out for my new book, CHAOS QUARTER: SYNDICATE WAYS, available for pre-order, available for purchase August 16th!
David Welch
Junior

Unread post

From a five-star Amazon review: "When a book is really, really good, I always search for more by the author. As soon as I finished Chaos Quarter (and I do mean immediately after I finished reading the last page), I searched for more by David Welch...I completely enjoyed and was completely immersed in this book. Great backstory, great character development, and very well put together.
A wonderful mix of sci-fi action, romance, humor, and just the right amount of 'what does it mean to be human' philosophy.
I can't recommend this book highly enough!"

CHAOS QUARTER, available on Amazon, in ebook or paperback. FREE for Kindle Unlimited!
David Welch
Junior

Unread post

From a five-star Amazaon review: "I was about to give up on e:book sci-fi when I picked up this book. Mr. Welsh has set the stage for great series with an unlikely group of misfits who mesh well together. There is a little bit of several of my favorite themes thrown in to this delightful space opera including cybernetics, genetic engineering, and terraforming. There is moral theme throughout, which Mr. Welsh manages to pull off without being too judgemental or preachy. The action is well paced and serves more as backdrop for character development than as the only point of the story. This is the first time I have read a book by this author, but it will certainly not be the last. I highly recommend this book."

CHAOS QUARTER, available on Amazon, ebook or paperback. FREE for Kindle Unlimited.
David Welch
Junior

Unread post

From a five-star Amazon review: "What a great first book. I've read that this is the first of a series. I wholeheartedly hope so. This work is different from other space "operas", in that it is raw, and unpolished. I say that as a compliment. It doesn't feel grandiose, at least so far, like other stories. The characters are very human, they fail, they are imperfect, the way they should be. The villains are warped, in many ways! I read this too quickly, haha, as I don't know how long I'll have to wait for the next installment. I think I'll re-read it. It's that good, IMO."

CHAOS QUARTER, available on Amazon in ebook or paperback, FREE for Kindle Unlimited!
David Welch
Junior

Unread post

From a five-star Amazon review: "Very impressive work by a new author. Very plausible universe, interesting variety of tech and bio engineering. Terrific main characters that I hope to see more of. Great plot, good pacing, sharp witty dialog, unpredictable just the way I like it. About the only thing I didn't like was the little chapter prologs, the information could have been weaved into the story just as well. For a buck, this is an absolute steal, buy it and enjoy.

Solid 5 star space adventure. I cant wait for the next installment in this universe rich in possibilities. "

CHAOS QUARTER, available from Amazon, ebook or paperback, FREE for Kindle Unlimited!
David Welch
Junior

Unread post

From a five-star Amazon review: "This book has action... weird tech, and plenty of spectacular planets. I enjoyed the book immensely ( read it in 2 days)...overall the book was very entertaining. The book has a sort of Farscape feel to it. If you were a fan of the series then you will probably enjoy reading Chaos Quarter.
Quit reading the reviews already and just buy the book! You won't be sorry."

CHAOS QUARTER, available on Amazon, ebook or paperback. FREE for Kindle Unlimited!
David Welch
Junior

Unread post

From a five-star Amazon review: "This was a really good book. Great characters, great world building, and a solid story. I wasn't sure where it was going once the main antagonist was introduced, but the author had a cohesive vision and really drove this one home with an ending that made this a great stand alone novel but sets up a series nicely with an interesting crew. Welch is definitely now on my "authors to watch" list."

CHAOS QUARTER, available from Amazon, ebook and paperback. FREE for Kindle Unlimited.
David Welch
Junior

Unread post

From a five-star Amazon review: "When a book is really, really good, I always search for more by the author. As soon as I finished Chaos Quarter (and I do mean immediately after I finished reading the last page), I searched for more by David Welch...I completely enjoyed and was completely immersed in this book. Great backstory, great character development, and very well put together.
A wonderful mix of sci-fi action, romance, humor, and just the right amount of 'what does it mean to be human' philosophy.
I can't recommend this book highly enough!"

CHAOS QUARTER, available on Amazon, in ebook or paperback. FREE for Kindle Unlimited!
David Welch
Junior

Unread post

From a five-star Amazaon review: "I was about to give up on e:book sci-fi when I picked up this book. Mr. Welsh has set the stage for great series with an unlikely group of misfits who mesh well together. There is a little bit of several of my favorite themes thrown in to this delightful space opera including cybernetics, genetic engineering, and terraforming. There is moral theme throughout, which Mr. Welsh manages to pull off without being too judgemental or preachy. The action is well paced and serves more as backdrop for character development than as the only point of the story. This is the first time I have read a book by this author, but it will certainly not be the last. I highly recommend this book."

CHAOS QUARTER, available on Amazon, ebook or paperback. FREE for Kindle Unlimited.
David Welch
Junior

Unread post

From a five-star Amazon review: "What a great first book. I've read that this is the first of a series. I wholeheartedly hope so.
This work is different from other space "operas", in that it is raw, and unpolished. I say that as a compliment. It doesn't feel grandiose, at least so far, like other stories. The characters are very human, they fail, they are imperfect, the way they should be. The villains are warped, in many ways! I read this too quickly, haha, as I don't know how long I'll have to wait for the next installment. I think I'll re-read it. It's that good, IMO."

CHAOS QUARTER, available on Amazon in ebook or paperback, FREE for Kindle Unlimited!

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”