• In total there are 16 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 15 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

A Guide to the Philosophy of Health - My Book

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Evexiandros
Official Newbie!

A Guide to the Philosophy of Health - My Book

Unread post

Hi
This is my new book on Amazon, Lulu, and at wellness seeker website:

The Wellness Philosophy Book is a guide to the philosophy of health. Hippocrates once said that if you doctor and philosopher you are almost a god. With this book, we will understand how important is Philosophy for our health. Philosophy is the best cure for the mind and soul and people without philosophy are unbalanced. Unbalance can cause mental and physical symptoms which can lead to disease. In this journey, we are going to learn about the meditation practices of Pythagoras, Socrates, and the Stoics. The Aristotelian Golden Mean, the sacred Tetractys, and the Pentagram of Pythagoras. We will learn from the demi-god healer Asclepius, about the Snake, and dream Therapies.

We will explore Platonism, Cynicism, and also the Epicurean and Stoic philosophy as psychotherapy in modern psychology. Finally, we will discover together the secrets of Apollonius of Tyana, one of the Greatest Healers of all times, and we will see from Plutarch and the Pythagoreans why the meat diet is not the best option for human health. If you follow the wellness Philosophy book guide your life will change for the best. Μorality is one of the greatest forms of well-being and Philosophy is the medicine of the soul.

Is available on Amazon as an ebook here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QH91NRZ
As a paperback here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QNZWNXX
and at the wellness seeker website: https://www.thewellnessseeker.com/produ ... ophy-book/
Attachments
COVER Wellness Philosophy FINAL SMALL.jpg
COVER Wellness Philosophy FINAL SMALL.jpg (87.62 KiB) Viewed 885 times
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Re: A Guide to the Philosophy of Health - My Book

Unread post

Healing is about wholeness. Wholeness is about understanding. Understanding is about philosophy.

Healing requires philosophy.
Evexiandros
Official Newbie!

Re: A Guide to the Philosophy of Health - My Book

Unread post

Well said Robert Tulip, The placebo effect is an example that our mind has the ability to heal our bodies. The placebo effect represents the connection between mind and body.
Placebo treatments induce real responses in the brain. Believing that a treatment will work can trigger neurotransmitter release, hormone production, and immune response, easing symptoms of pain.
The psychologist Irvin D. Yalom a pioneer in the area of existential psychotherapy once said: In my work, “I consider my spiritual fathers not the great psychologists and psychiatrists of the 19th and 20th centuries, but the classical Greek philosophers”.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”