• In total there are 27 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Hello new friends! Recommendations please?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
PixieDust28
Official Newbie!

Hello new friends! Recommendations please?

Unread post

Hello, so I took a 3 year break from reading, life got busy!
I've just recently read a book that I had years ago and now I dont know what to read next! I'm into anything really but what would you recommend?
What are you all reading right now?

Kirsty. :)
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Re: Hello new friends! Recommendations please?

Unread post

Hello Kirsty, have a look at the booktalk current discussion selections, The Human Cosmos and Crime and Punishment. Both are superb.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Hello Kirsty, Having been (and still am) a voracious reader for over 50 years, the books I could recommend would take several pages. So help me out. What genres do you like (or not like)? Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction? But to give you a jump start, here are some books I have recently read: Fiction: "She Wouldn't Change a Thing" by Sarah Adlakha; "eleanor Olipahant is Completely Fine," by Gail Honeyman, "The Litigators" by John Grisham, "The Whistler" by John Grisham, and "The Quiet Girl, A Psychological Thriller" by S. F. Kosa. Non-Fiction: "Think Again" by Adam Grant, "The Byzantine Empire" by charles Wilson Chadwick Oman, "The Virginia Dynasty" by Lynn Cheney.

Does this help, or just confuse you more? Let me know.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
carolinedelussey
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I just read Lolita for the third time, not sure how I feel about saying that.
Anna Karenina is a classic, and a good, long read, even if you skip the stuff about peasants and farming.
Madame Bovary is always good.
Ready Player One is pretty cool, about post-apocalypse world from the pov of a teenage boy.

I know this post will confuse no one.
elinelvy
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hi Caroline,

One of my favourite authors is Ottessa Moshfegh. I enjoyed her books ‘Eileen’ and ‘My Year of Rest and Relaxation’. I’m currently reading ‘The Memory Police’ by Yoko Ogawa. It’s a Japanese dystopian novel. I plan to read Olga Tokarczuk’s ‘Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead’ afterwards.
kimmymagno14
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hi Kristy, I am new here and currently struggling with my book promotion. Could you please help me look at my book? It's available on an app called Novelstar entitled My Arrogant Alpha. I hope you guys could help me with it because I joined the contest. Thank you :)

Return to “Everything Else”