• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Clime works carbon capture plant to start operations

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Clime works carbon capture plant to start operations

Unread post

Sorry. This is a trade journal, but wanted to share in light of recent convos. Good stuff. We still need to reduce and be responsible in tandem.

Clime works AG
When you refuse to learn, you become a disease.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: Clime works carbon capture plant to start operations

Unread post

Mr. P wrote:Sorry. This is a trade journal, but wanted to share in light of recent convos. Good stuff. We still need to reduce and be responsible in tandem.

Clime works AG
I read about this, too, in the Wash Post. What will strike most people about this type of carbon capture is that one installation is a mere drop in the bucket compared to the magnitude of the task at hand. So, shouldn't we look elsewhere for a more robust technology? I don't think so. I think there will end up being many different types of technologies employed to drag carbon from the atmosphere, and that a fragmented approach isn't a bad thing. We can waste more time settling on the ONE panacea-like solution that really doesn't exist anyway. Even should we move toward geoengineering, as Robert advocates, we won't find it to be sufficient by itself, and the most responsible way to look at geo is as a stopgap to get us to the point of ending reliance on fossil fuels.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

It is a small impact, but nice to see the tech nolo is on the move forward. We may have waited too long, but... Yeah.
When you refuse to learn, you become a disease.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Fusion made a step (a leap?) forward at Lawrence Livermore the other day, with a "sustained" fusion reaction. I think it was trillions of a second. But I'm sure it's a big deal to the physicists and may be what we look back on as the beginning of limitless, clean energy. Then we'll have other problems to confront, of course.

https://www.llnl.gov/news/national-igni ... n-ignition
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Fusion made a step (a leap?) forward at Lawrence Livermore the other day, with a "sustained" fusion reaction. I think it was trillions of a second. But I'm sure it's a big deal to the physicists and may be what we look back on as the beginning of limitless, clean energy. Then we'll have other problems to confront, of course.

https://www.llnl.gov/news/national-igni ... n-ignition

Return to “Science & Technology”