• In total there are 17 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 17 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

If you could live inside a book, which one would it be?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Kira
Official Newbie!

If you could live inside a book, which one would it be?

Unread post

If a book is good, it transports us into that world. But, would you want to live there? I'm talking about living the tone and genre of the book as well as the location(s).

So...which book would you be in?
lexirexic
Almost Comfortable
United States of America

Re: If you could live inside a book, which one would it be?

Unread post

Surprisingly hard to answer, probably because all my favorite books are set in dire times. I guess a book about world peace & pink marshmallow clouds wouldn’t be very exciting would it?

Science fiction books always transported me to a fun place. But the stories themselves are usually cautionary parables about a dystopian world. Again, a perfect future without human foolishness wouldn’t be much of a plot.

Geez I’m suddenly realizing that most books are about depressing situations.

Ok I thought of one.

2001: A Space Odyssey

No wait, I just remembered the world is on the edge of nuclear annihilation, monkeys are bopping each over the head with bones, and a psycho computer is exterminating humans in space. How did I miss that :no:

Switching gears… I guess it would have to be a childrens book since everything else is kinda dark. Maurice Sendak’s “Where the Wild Things Are”

But only if I could expel that brat of a kid!
jeeko
Official Newbie!
France

Unread post

If i will live in a book then i should like to live in the book rich and poor dad

Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I would love to live in The Railway Children. Honestly, it is one of my favourite books from my childhood and I can still remember thinking how nice it would be to live in a quaint little cottage with rolling hills and to go and spot the trains every day!
OpanaPointer
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Stranger in a Strange Land, just so I could meet Jubal Harshaw. :clap:
CaitlinDBurnside
Getting Comfortable
Great Britain

Unread post

Hello,

Off the top, I'd have to say that the world of "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" by Rick Riordan. Especially, at Camp Half-blood.

Training process and Archery and be amongst my favourite Myths and Legends. History of all that, is amazing...
"Writing is the painting of the voice."
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/cdburnside
RBromfield
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Good question. Maybe that's why people write books. So they can live inside them.
OpanaPointer
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

RBromfield wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:35 pm Good question. Maybe that's why people write books. So they can live inside them.
Time Enough For Love, by Robert Anson Heinlein. One man's progress through varied "lives".
Rachel.S.
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hmm
I think for me it depends on the day lol. Today I'd love to live in the fourth wing and iron flame books cause I'd love to bond to a dragon.
Murmur
Internet Sage

Unread post

Rather than writing about a book, I'll talk about a tv series. Star Trek. The Star Trek universe seems less dangerous than other universes, such as Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, and space exploration would be fascinating.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”