• In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Texting or calling

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.

texting vs calling

Texting

57%
Calling

43%

Total votes: 7
tTow
Official Newbie!

Texting or calling

Unread post

What do you prefer calling or texting?
tTow
Official Newbie!

Re: Texting or calling

Unread post

I prefer calling. Short, sweet, and over in a minute or so. Texting just seems so drawn out when I have to wait a fair amount of time for an answer.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Normally I prefer calling. You send a text, then wait for the reply, which usually does not answer your question. Calling, allows resolution of the issue much faster.

There are times when I text; for example, a group message to my family or other group.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
froglipz

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant
United States of America

Unread post

I work nights and sleep days, and texting just works so much better for me for casual questions that don't need answering right away. Also, I can then look up the text in case I can't remember what the answer was. Calling is an interruption of someone else's day, an intrusion, perhaps welcome, perhaps not, demanding they give me their attention right now, on my time. I don't know what else they have going on in their lives, but right now they're going to talk to me, or not, and then I'll text them because no one ever checks their messages anyway :)
~froglipz~

"I'm not insane, my mother had me tested"

Si vis pacem, para bellum: If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Return to “Everything Else”