• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

What NON-FICTION book would you like to read and discuss next?

Collaborate in choosing our next NON-FICTION book for group discussion within this forum. A minimum of 5 posts is necessary to participate here!
Asadr
Official Newbie!

Re: What NON-FICTION book would you like to read and discuss next?

Unread post

Books that take place in gritty dark settings are some of the best in my opinion. Dark fiction that offers escapism from the mundane. Interview with the Vampire is a great book to read that is drenched in Halloween like nostalgia. I assume that most of you are familiar with the movie, but not with the book. The book gives one quite an adventure in New Orleans.
Interview with the Vampire: https://amzn.to/3dROzrt

There is a lesser known sequel to this book called The Vampire Lestat. I bet you the book will humor you and terrify you. The book is about the antagonist from Interview with the Vampire (Tom Cruise).
The Vampire Lestat: https://amzn.to/3vf4e9S
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

I read the first three: Interview, Lestat, Queen of the Damned about jeez...30 years ago. All engaged me as well written and a new spin on the genre.
When you refuse to learn, you become a disease.
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote: I'm not sure why our regulars aren't suggesting books but we're due for selecting a new non-fiction.
I saw the thread, but have no serious urge to jump in. That may change in about three weeks when my semester is over, we'll see.

Also, my wife hijacked my copy of "Caste" for a more intense look at it that she is joining, so that is kind of hanging over me as some non-fiction I would like to get into. I am not even managing to keep up with the Fiction, so there's that.

The suggestions I have seen so far strike me as pretty interesting. The one that probably would pull me in best is "Think Again" though the Dawkins book looks almost as intriguing. Anyway, I will lurk around and hope for something that catches my fancy.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I'm locking this thread and creating a poll based on the non-fiction suggestions made here. I'll create a brand new thread for non-fiction suggestions for the next discussion.

Return to “What non-fiction book should we read and discuss next?”