• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 709 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:09 am

What do elected executives do? What does implementation mean?

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Knight
Master Debater

What do elected executives do? What does implementation mean?

Unread post

It is very evident that the elected executives (hereafter I won’t use the prefix “elected”, it should be assumed unless otherwise stated) do only what the legislative asks them to do. If the legislative is not in session the executive can make laws but they have to be verified by the legislative as soon as its session begins. It seems the executive to be more like an employee of the legislative.

What I’m saying is: when the legislative passes a law, it should announce it through some means to every citizen and ask the cops and bureaucrats to keep a look on the ones who break the laws. There is nothing like implementing in it, it’s more like maintaining the law by punishing the breachers. Why do executive heads like President have to formally sign a paper to implement a law (when they are bound to accept it)?

Thanks.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: What do elected executives do? What does implementation mean?

Unread post

Not sure what you're getting at, but when the executive and legislative branches are controlled by different parties, the President or Governor does NOT "do only what the legislative asks them to do." Although legislation is controlled by the House and Senate, they frequently negotiate details with the executive branch. They usually don't want to waste time on bills that the President refuses to sign or vetoes. Although sometimes legislators seek a veto to score political points or arrange an override.

Here's an explainer. :-D
I am just a bill.
Knight
Master Debater

Re: What do elected executives do? What does implementation mean?

Unread post

I didn't mean to say that the executives had no option than to follow the legislatures, the party majority and veto do have major roles to play but I was talking about the situation when there was consensus among them. If a policy is passes in the Congress and President agrees with it (thats the case most of the time) then why there is a process of implementation? Why the Congress doesn't send the passed Bill directly to cops and bureaucrats for checking for the breachers? Why the system is such that the President and the ministers has to come in between?

Return to “Current Events & History”